I thought I finally understood how links were determined...

#11Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 2:58:28 PM
^I've already cleared the 3 Kids' stories, but I might go into one again and try that since they're so short.

In addition to the aforementioned restrictions, I've discovered something else. A character's current Pokemon seems to effect the cap as well.

When I recruited Kanemori in the Main Story he was using a Timburr (70%). I got Conkeldurr up to 70%, and I also got him a Croagunk and got the Toxicroak up tp 100%. I battled with both of them for sure.

Right now I'm in Yukimura's episode. It uses all 17 Kingdoms, and wild Pokemon are Kanemori here he was using a Roggenrola (42%). After the battle Roggenrola was gone and he had his Conkeldurr and Toxicroak again. However, even though I had battled with them at 70 and 100%, and the wild Pokemon were for sure past 60%, when I went to recuit him both Toxicroak and Conkeldurr were only at 42%. This has happened with several others as well. I truly don't understand why they had to make this so complicated.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#12AmakusaPosted 9/20/2012 2:58:34 PM
FFnut posted...
Theoretically, Mitsunari's story should cap out below 25%. Anyone feel like experimenting?

That's about right.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#13Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 6:11:57 PM
More evidence for my previous post. Right now Chacha has a Cinccino (100%) and an Ekans (38%). When I encountered her in the current story she was using a Meowth (70%). When I defeated her with my 100% Charizard Meowth was gone (as expected), Ekans had 38% and Cincinno had 70%. I had feared that maybe the link would also be related to the lowest link Pokemon assigned to that Warrior, but fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.
---
#14FFnutPosted 9/21/2012 3:34:00 AM
Turbo_TRex posted...
^I've already cleared the 3 Kids' stories, but I might go into one again and try that since they're so short.

In addition to the aforementioned restrictions, I've discovered something else. A character's current Pokemon seems to effect the cap as well.

When I recruited Kanemori in the Main Story he was using a Timburr (70%). I got Conkeldurr up to 70%, and I also got him a Croagunk and got the Toxicroak up tp 100%. I battled with both of them for sure.

Right now I'm in Yukimura's episode. It uses all 17 Kingdoms, and wild Pokemon are Kanemori here he was using a Roggenrola (42%). After the battle Roggenrola was gone and he had his Conkeldurr and Toxicroak again. However, even though I had battled with them at 70 and 100%, and the wild Pokemon were for sure past 60%, when I went to recuit him both Toxicroak and Conkeldurr were only at 42%. This has happened with several others as well. I truly don't understand why they had to make this so complicated.

I... I thought we covered this.

*goes to look it up*

We did. In one of your earlier topics.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/654723-pokemon-conquest/63965613

My post (Post #3) shows where I showed you all the calculations for this. And you responded saying it made sense.

Reposting for posterity's sake:

In the other topic, FFnut posted...
It's because your average level doesn't factor in the way you think it does.

When you fight a warrior in a random area (as opposed to being in an enemy army) their level is calculated as being the average of your team, this is true. However, this level is capped by whatever random Pokemon they happen to be using. So, if you use only your level 85 Aggron but the person you're recruiting is using a Pokemon that they only have a 56% Max link with in battle, then their link will be 56%. This level is what is compared to their gallery records to determine what level they will arrive at.

Example:

Random Warrior in my gallery has a Dratini (Max 40%), a Munchlax (Max 70%), and a Gyarados (Max 100%). I have previously maxed out Dratini and Munchlax, but I only got Gyarados up to 50. So in the gallery he has Dratini 40/40, Munchlax 70/70, and Gyarados 50/100.

Now I am using my main character with a 100% link Vaporeon to solo. I find random Warrior in a ravine map where he is using a Misdreavus. Random Warrior has a 56% Max Link with Misdreavus.

I begin the battle. Misdreavus's link is calculated: Party Avg = 100, compared to Misdreavus Max of 56 = 56% link.

Now that 56 is what is used to calculate the level of returning Pokemon:

Dratini gallery = 40 vs. Recruit level 56. 56 > 40. Dratini is at 40 link.
Munchlax gallery = 70 vs. Recruit level 56. 70 > 56. Munchlax is at 56 link.
Gyarados gallery = 50 vs. Recruit level 56. 56 > 50. Gyarados is at 50 link.
#15Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 8:19:03 PM(edited)
^Oh, I forgot about that.

But now I'm having the same problem I had before. I'm playing Ieyasu's mission (17 Kingdoms) again to get some legendaries, but even though I'm using my 100% Aggron everything is capping at 71%. When I used Yukimura's 100% Charizard in his own story the opponents were around 96%. Both missions contain all 17 Kingdoms, so I can't figure out what's limiting me like this. Maybe the stages difficulty has something to do with it.
---
#16TempestadKKPosted 9/29/2012 10:52:43 PM
Turbo_TRex posted...
^Oh, I forgot about that.

But now I'm having the same problem I had before. I'm playing Ieyasu's mission (17 Kingdoms) again to get some legendaries, but even though I'm using my 100% Aggron everything is capping at 71%. When I used Yukimura's 100% Charizard in his own story the opponents were around 96%. Both missions contain all 17 Kingdoms, so I can't figure out what's limiting me like this. Maybe the stages difficulty has something to do with it.

I have the same problem, but in Yukimura's story. With a 100% Charizard wild pokemon and warriors barely hit 50% link. Is maybe because I only have 5 kingdoms.
I did the same with Yukimura, but on Keiji's story. I recruited Kiyomasa at 89% larvitar, but with most of kingdoms.
#17Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 7:54:01 AM
TempestadKK posted...
I have the same problem, but in Yukimura's story. With a 100% Charizard wild pokemon and warriors barely hit 50% link. Is maybe because I only have 5 kingdoms.I did the same with Yukimura, but on Keiji's story. I recruited Kiyomasa at 89% larvitar, but with most of kingdoms.

Well some Warriors won't get very high anyway, depending on the Pokemon that they're linked with. But are you sure the Wold Pokemon are that weak as well? Their moves are only +2? I didn't have a problem in Yukimura's story, wild Pokemon were hitting about 96%. I don't know if the number of Kingdoms you currently hold is a factor (btw how did you get to 100% with only 5 Kingdoms? You must have grinded in one spot for quite a while to do that).
---
#18TempestadKKPosted 9/30/2012 12:10:13 PM
Yes, wild pokemon appears with only +2. I tried to recruit Gracia, but the highest link was 57% with munna (i don't have her registered yet on the gallery). I'm going to try later with nine kingdoms.
And for Yukimura, I started on Fontaine then i took over the grass kingdom and leveled there.
#19TempestadKKPosted 10/3/2012 8:06:39 AM
After recruiting more warriors the link cap starting to increase.
In the last post, i was with like 20 warriors and after recruiting until around 40 warriors, i started to encounter wild pokemon with attacks +3 and even +4.
So my guess, is that the link cap depends on the size of your army and its probably maxed with 50 allies (there's an event when you reach that number).
#20Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 6:33:44 PM
TempestadKK posted...
After recruiting more warriors the link cap starting to increase.
In the last post, i was with like 20 warriors and after recruiting until around 40 warriors, i started to encounter wild pokemon with attacks +3 and even +4.
So my guess, is that the link cap depends on the size of your army and its probably maxed with 50 allies (there's an event when you reach that number).

Hey that could be it! I had to keep my army small in Ieyasu's episode to keep from hitting 100 Pokemon, so that could be why I was capping at 71%. And your army probably won't get very large in the 3 Kids' episodes. Good thinking, I'll do some testing later.
---