Evolution question

#1Zeldafan77Posted 9/23/2012 5:44:05 PM
Is it worthwhile to evolve Yoshimoto's (a warlord) Pineco into Foretress? I mean before I beat the main story I probably should, but until then... I just don't find Gyro Ball all that useful.

What about characters with Pokemon like Flaafy and Luxio, although Thunder is a lot more powerful, it has a horrid range compared to Discharge or Thunderbolt.

Is there an item like an Everstone or a feature to temporarily disable evolution on a Pokemon so it can still hold something else?
---
Intelligence for your life on the John Tesh Radio Show.
White FC 1721 9332 9920 (use unless told otherwise) | Name Kevin for both | Black FC 2064 9785 5817
#2DrTinglePosted 9/23/2012 6:28:46 PM
Don't use Flaafy/Ampharos on Hanbei. Use Raichu. That's his
100% link.
---
''Your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!"
http://i.imgur.com/rnA8L.jpg
#3Turbo_TRexPosted 9/23/2012 9:17:39 PM
You'll have to evolve it eventually if you want to get his PL Data in the Gallery. Yeah, Gyro Ball sucks, I ended up giving him Scolipede, Galvantula, Empoleon, and later a Scizor. I might give him a Volcarona as well. Probably more than needed, but oh well.

And no, there's no item that prevents evolution, but you could always just say no when it starts to happen.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#4AmakusaPosted 9/23/2012 10:09:24 PM
Zeldafan77 posted...
What about characters with Pokemon like Flaafy and Luxio, although Thunder is a lot more powerful, it has a horrid range compared to Discharge or Thunderbolt.

Flaffy and Luxio are weak, though. If you like their attack that bad Zebrastrika is a better choice (although you can't get that in the main game)
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#5Pram_the_OraclePosted 9/24/2012 6:58:00 AM
Galvantula also has that same move.
---
Aww, I lost to SuperNiceDog, Winner of the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest
#6Yamato_sanPosted 9/24/2012 8:41:53 AM
personally, I tend to keep both the evolved and unevolved forms of their Best Link (basically, anything that can be displayed alongside the character's portrait). Yeah, you need to evolve a Forretress if you want to complete his gallery information, but there's nothing saying you can't still keep a Pineco around for him as well.

Pram_the_Oracle posted...

I really think it should've gotten Signal Beam, though. The variety between Electric-types is terrible.
#7AmakusaPosted 9/24/2012 1:51:26 PM
Pram_the_Oracle posted...

Thing is Galvantula is also part Bug, which doesn't help it so much.

That, and it can't get Sprint like Zebrastrika can.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.