Evolution question

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Evolution question
4 years ago#1
Is it worthwhile to evolve Yoshimoto's (a warlord) Pineco into Foretress? I mean before I beat the main story I probably should, but until then... I just don't find Gyro Ball all that useful.

What about characters with Pokemon like Flaafy and Luxio, although Thunder is a lot more powerful, it has a horrid range compared to Discharge or Thunderbolt.

Is there an item like an Everstone or a feature to temporarily disable evolution on a Pokemon so it can still hold something else?
Intelligence for your life on the John Tesh Radio Show.
White FC 1721 9332 9920 (use unless told otherwise) | Name Kevin for both | Black FC 2064 9785 5817
4 years ago#2
Don't use Flaafy/Ampharos on Hanbei. Use Raichu. That's his
100% link.
''Your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!"
http://i.imgur.com/rnA8L.jpg
4 years ago#3
You'll have to evolve it eventually if you want to get his PL Data in the Gallery. Yeah, Gyro Ball sucks, I ended up giving him Scolipede, Galvantula, Empoleon, and later a Scizor. I might give him a Volcarona as well. Probably more than needed, but oh well.

And no, there's no item that prevents evolution, but you could always just say no when it starts to happen.
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
4 years ago#4
Zeldafan77 posted...
What about characters with Pokemon like Flaafy and Luxio, although Thunder is a lot more powerful, it has a horrid range compared to Discharge or Thunderbolt.

Flaffy and Luxio are weak, though. If you like their attack that bad Zebrastrika is a better choice (although you can't get that in the main game)
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
4 years ago#5
Galvantula also has that same move.
Aww, I lost to SuperNiceDog, Winner of the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest
4 years ago#6
personally, I tend to keep both the evolved and unevolved forms of their Best Link (basically, anything that can be displayed alongside the character's portrait). Yeah, you need to evolve a Forretress if you want to complete his gallery information, but there's nothing saying you can't still keep a Pineco around for him as well.

Pram_the_Oracle posted...

I really think it should've gotten Signal Beam, though. The variety between Electric-types is terrible.
4 years ago#7
Pram_the_Oracle posted...

Thing is Galvantula is also part Bug, which doesn't help it so much.

That, and it can't get Sprint like Zebrastrika can.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Evolution question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
events passwordsDLG198764/30 4:36PM