Questions about Gabite Officer...

#1Shadow_Master_JPosted 10/5/2012 9:47:50 AM
Who doesn't know this guy? The one which makes armies stronger by making his Gabite cry... i wanted to know somethings about him (i checked the board, there wasn't much info).

1 - When does he appear?

Most of the times he appeared, I had a bit more than half of Ransei under my control. However, when I did Hideyoshi's and Keiji's stories, he didn't appear at all. And in Kunoichi's story, he appeared twice (yes, 2 times). I wanted to know if he randomly appears or only under certain conditions.

2 - How is the strength/link boost determined?

I used to think my enemies would get their links to a similar amount of my strongest Pokemon (I mean, if my strongest link was 65%, they would reach ~60%). But I see this is not correct, as in Nobunaga's story, I was soloing every castle with Hydreigon (to evolve Nobunaga). Gabite Officer appeared when i got my 9th castle (Pugilis), Hydreigon had 59% Link already, but the highest link of my enemies was Kotaro's Deino at 47%...

3 - Are there stories in which he never appears?

I mean, I never saw him in the Female Contest stories (probably because he's not a girl), and both me and my friend didn't get the Gabite Officer in Keiji's story either. Which makes me think he doesn't appear in some stories.

Well, that's all. I want to know so I can avoid/counter him somehow, as he can fawk my gameplay if I use a full team (which happened to me already, but I stalled enough in Pugilis' flags to win).
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#2Safer_777Posted 10/5/2012 11:17:30 AM
I have noticed him but I never noticed that he makes enemies stronger!
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#3wrathforgedPosted 10/5/2012 12:33:18 PM
Probably pointless information, but I noticed that when he appears, he only makes the factions that share borders with you stronger. If you blitz fast enough, you can kill of the factions behind the Gabite-buffed ones, before another Gabite officer appears to buff the rest, I would assume.
#4JGPJR79Posted 10/5/2012 12:53:44 PM
wrathforged posted...
Probably pointless information, but I noticed that when he appears, he only makes the factions that share borders with you stronger. If you blitz fast enough, you can kill of the factions behind the Gabite-buffed ones, before another Gabite officer appears to buff the rest, I would assume.

I saw that as well.

Don`t know why exactly, but...
I saw Nobunaga`s army getting a 10% raise while Yoshimoto`s got a 20%.
The worst I saw was a 40% raise. I think the fact that, for some reason, there was still only four warriors in that army played a role in that increase.
My highest link at the time was only 39%...
---
Pokemon F.C. : 1721 2592 2497.
#5Master EspeonPosted 10/5/2012 2:26:33 PM(edited)
He can appear twice? This is news to me.

Whenever I run into him, it tends to be when I take control of Illusio and/or Terrera. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other factors, though. Might depends on the scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if your strength was a factor, but that's just guessing.
---
The signature may or may not be closer than it appears.
#6dr_burger92Posted 10/6/2012 8:37:32 AM
I've played stories not seeing him appear at all. I've played stories seeing him twice. I've played stories where his appearance royaly screwed me over to the point of having to start over.

I've learned that taking it slow with conquering reduces the chance of his appearance.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#7iforgotnmynamePosted 10/7/2012 11:26:20 PM
I love it when the Gabite officer shows up, because then at least the enemy armies will give you some challenge, instead of being steamrolled pushovers. Stronger enemies means more link gain too, good for when you want to evolve a few pokemon/warlords over the course of a campaign.
---
Yes i am insane. Abnormally insane though. For that reason i can keep my sanity.