Unlocking Superman in Free Play? (NOT FREE ROAM)

#1HHHBK87Posted 6/20/2012 10:25:30 PM
Ok, so I'm at the point where Superman replaces Robin during free roam (post Mission 7). I've done a whole bunch of things with him, but I noticed something. If I go to the Batcave & attempt to replay a mission in Free Play mode, he's not available to choose. Normally, I'd just assume that you unlock him later in the game for Free Play, but I have the official guide, and it claims he should be available for Free Play after beating Mission 5. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm worried that my game may have glitched (and for good reason, the Lego series is notorious for glitches). Thanks in advance.
---
Xbox 360 GT & Playstation Network ID: LegendKillerRAB
3DS FC: 5069-3917-8275
#2EricDent1Posted 6/21/2012 12:02:56 AM
In all the other LEGO games it did not let you choose the character that either the computer or player 2 is using. So I would guess that since Superman is wandering around with you, the computer is using him.

When you select your first character the computer randomly chooses the other characters.
So (for example) you pick Two-Face, and the computer is currently Robin.
You get Two-Face & Robin in your group, plus Batman, and other characters at random.
It's usually a group of 8 characters that has one of each power type in it.

When you get into the level you can hold down the "tag" button to switch between the various characters. Superman should be there.

Personally I would just wait until after beating the story to worry about finding everything.
Since the more characters you have, the better.
---
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever
#3HHHBK87(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 12:54:55 AM
I don't think you understood my question. Superman is currently available in Gotham City (aka the overworld). He is not selectable in missions for me. I can't pick him at the start of a mission, I can't hold Y to select him during a mission, and I can't choose him by scrolling through characters with LB/RB. Like I said, it's possible I just haven't gotten to the point I can actually use him in missions. HOWEVER, as I also said, my official guide claims that I SHOULD be able to use him in missions after beating the 5th mission, which I have. It's possible the guide is wrong, but it's also possible that my game glitched and didn't give him to me when it should have (and once again like I said, the Lego series is notorious for having very bad glitches, heck, many people are already having glitches with the 12th mission in this very game). I want to know which is the case, as the answer will determine whether I continue the game (the guide being wrong), or attempt look for a solution/restart the game (a glitch).
---
#42HardcorePosted 6/21/2012 2:26:39 AM
Not sure if it is a glitch or not. I finished the game before I replayed any of the missions and Superman was available for me. Maybe the guide is just wrong, but I can't say for sure.
#5billnye69Posted 6/21/2012 3:54:01 AM
It might be a mis-print since I unlocked Superman after beating mission 5 or 6. The first mission where he replaces Robin doesn't unlock him but the 2nd mission did. Superman will replace Robin for a few missions, just keep playing and it should be good.
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Skyrim.
#6HHHBK87(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 8:37:33 AM(edited)
billnye69 posted...
It might be a mis-print since I unlocked Superman after beating mission 5 or 6. The first mission where he replaces Robin doesn't unlock him but the 2nd mission did. Superman will replace Robin for a few missions, just keep playing and it should be good.

I've actually beaten Mission 7 already, but both Superman missions thus far featured him in addition to Batman & Robin, rather than him replacing Robin. Thus, I'll try the next two missions, as the guide says he replaces Robin for both, thanks.

EDIT: Ok, got him, the guide was clearly wrong. Superman is unlocked for free play after beating Mission 8.
---
More topics from this board...
Nice glitch... :DThe-Apostle27/3 10:54AM