Game keeps freezing up.

#1pothocketPosted 6/25/2012 5:43:09 PM
spoilers because I need to tell you where I'm at.

It's the cutscene where Superman flies through the jokerbot and robin then saves Batman. Freezes right there every time.

Anyone else get freezing during this scene or any scene? Should I delete the game off my drive and reinstall or play off disk?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2dethK10Posted 6/25/2012 6:02:56 PM
Who wants to be the jerk that tells him there are like 10 different threads about this on just the next couple pages of this forum? Because it's not going to be me! I'm Mr. Congeniality.
#3pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2012 6:24:41 PM
dammit
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4RussellGorallPosted 6/25/2012 8:53:26 PM
dethK10 posted...
Who wants to be the jerk that tells him there are like 10 different threads about this on just the next couple pages of this forum? Because it's not going to be me! I'm Mr. Congeniality.

Who wants to be the jerk who asks you why you came into a thread with the sole purpose of trying to be witty?
---
GT - CuddlyREDRUM
PSN - honkayjeezus
#5dethK10Posted 6/25/2012 9:08:03 PM
And then you come in here and be a jerk to me? Sounds like we got ourselves a good old fashion jerk-off! ... Er, no, that's not right.
#6RussellGorallPosted 6/25/2012 9:36:06 PM
dethK10 posted...
And then you come in here and be a jerk to me? Sounds like we got ourselves a good old fashion jerk-off! ... Er, no, that's not right.

And then you came back in just to try and be witty again.
---
GT - CuddlyREDRUM
PSN - honkayjeezus
#7dethK10Posted 6/25/2012 9:43:53 PM
I don't really get why we're fighting. If I didn't give my partially nice reply, someone else would have given a much meaner one. Besides, there's a thread right on the first page talking about the lock up on Chapter 12. The guy didn't even bother to look. He deserved much worse.

Sorry you weren't amused by the "jerk-off" joke, but I'm pretty sure it was funny and you just need to be more receptive to my intellectual humor.
#8TenzhiPosted 6/25/2012 9:50:22 PM
That particular scene seems to have major potential for lock-up. Potential solutions seem to be:

1. Going into options and turning off motion blur.
2. Uninstalling and playing from the disk.
3. Just trying over and over again until it works, as someone who finally got through it said 'seventh time's the charm.'

It may also help to power down the XBOX and/or clear the cache between attempts.

I had it lock up there, but it worked for me the second time through. LEGO games are quite random about such things. I barely had any problems with LEGO PotC, but a friend of mine on XBOX Live had it lock up about a dozen times and finally got so frustrated with it he gave up. Meanwhile, that same friend barely had any problems with this game whereas I've had it freeze up about 8 times or so at various random points.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#9ironmaidenfan70Posted 6/26/2012 6:09:33 AM
dethK10 posted...

ooo did some one say a good ol fashion jerk off,how about i join in and it becomes a circle jerk?
---
hanging in a chow line good times.
#10andyhatPosted 6/26/2012 7:29:48 AM
I had the same lock-up, finally got past it by playing through the scene with my extras turned off (I'm guessing the minikit detector was the culprit somehow).