How do I clear that secret area?

#1JonathanLeungPosted 7/2/2012 4:45:45 PM
I'm playing the PC version, but I'm assuming the PS3 has this area too...

The LEGO City in this game is hard! I've been wandering around, stuck for a while at 906,550 out of the million studs I have to find.

I don't know what to do with the plants (Poison Ivy, I presume, but I can't find her), Joker boxes (can't find Joker), the telescope (I can rotate it, but...so what?), the area with the toxic chemicals (other than cleaning it), the ball left over (after bombing the area with the penguins), the giant bat (with the orange handle I can't grab) and the statue bases (where is Lex?), and does the wheelchair do anything? I assume that the answer as to where the remaining studs are probably comes from solving those mysteries...any ideas?
---
Video game maps web site - www.vgmaps.com
#2EricDent1Posted 7/2/2012 4:59:33 PM
Plants: use Hazard Suit (Robin) to spray water on them, to open them up.
Then stand in the middle of them to get chomped, for more studs, then break the parts for even more studs.

Joker/Riddler Boxes: can't do them in Story Mode, you can on Freeplay Mode.

To get something to do with the huge Bat-Symbol.
Use Superman to fly on top of Ace Chemicals & use heat vision to melt gold object.
Then step on the switch until the goo totally drains. Then make sure to break the letters from the ACE sign. Then put out the fires with either Hazard Suit (you need to clean off goo as well) or freeze breath.
Then use the valve to make a mini-Jokerbot rise up out of the pool of goo.
Ride around in that & use the Deconstructor to deconstruct that Bat.
Then build part of Wayne Tower & use the orange handle to make it tall.
There are some purple studs on top of the Tower. Also make sure to use the Power Suit (found by charging a crane) to blast the horse statues, and then you can use the Jokerbot to blast the black bases for more studs.
---
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever
#3JonathanLeung(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2012 8:03:11 PM
Thanks for the reply! That was exactly what I needed! :D Funny how I overlooked watering the plants and the switch at the top of Ace Chemicals.

Looks like they give a little extra; I finished with 1,000,500.
---
Video game maps web site - www.vgmaps.com
#4SuperSaiyanGokuPosted 7/3/2012 11:00:17 AM
I finished the level without opening the train doors
---
users.ign.com/collection/SuperSaiyanGokou621