To hit go up after getting scope, more aim or abilities

#1DemonDog666Posted 10/17/2012 6:18:09 PM
So yeah title. I don't own the game yet I intend to but alot of people are commenting on the % to hit being off and I'm thinking maybe it doesn't factor in abilities or equipment or even the aim stat, the way to check for that is to see if your % goes up after getting/using anything that would make your % go up at about the same range
#2gzus_ADPosted 10/17/2012 6:20:25 PM
wat?
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut
End all war now.
#3DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 6:40:06 PM
gzus_AD posted...
wat?

After equipping a scope to a sniper does the to hit % go up from the same distance.
#4gzus_ADPosted 10/17/2012 6:48:51 PM
the scope gives a flat +10 to aim. to-hit percentages on the battlefield are dictated by other variables.
---
End all war now.
#5DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 7:56:13 PM
gzus_AD posted...
the scope gives a flat +10 to aim. to-hit percentages on the battlefield are dictated by other variables.

Does it go up if it's the same alien at the same distance though.
#6nwtnsbstrdsonPosted 10/17/2012 8:15:21 PM(edited)
The scope gives a flat +10 to your aim, the accuracy during a mission is different. Each shot takes your aim and does some "math" with it and everything else in the environment... and you get the result.
---
psn: grapeismurder
#7DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 8:36:50 PM
nwtnsbstrdson posted...
The scope gives a flat +10 to your aim, the accuracy during a mission is different. Each shot takes your aim and does some "math" with it and everything else in the environment... and you get the result.

Again nobody answering my question, if you have an alien at the same distance as two snipers with the same aim and one has scope does it have a higher to hit or are the bonuses and stuff factored in after.
#8gzus_ADPosted 10/17/2012 8:45:11 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
nwtnsbstrdson posted...

Again nobody answering my question, if you have an alien at the same distance as two snipers with the same aim and one has scope does it have a higher to hit or are the bonuses and stuff factored in after.

Different snipers have varying starting AIM, so two snipers from the same distance will have different % hit. Whatever % is displayed on screen is probably factoring in the +10 to AIM. Why the hell would it consider the AIM after the shot?
---
End all war now.
#9DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 9:32:52 PM
gzus_AD posted...
Different snipers have varying starting AIM, so two snipers from the same distance will have different % hit. Whatever % is displayed on screen is probably factoring in the +10 to AIM. Why the hell would it consider the AIM after the shot?

So in other words nobody has bothered to check and they are just assuming.
#10gzus_ADPosted 10/17/2012 10:02:35 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
gzus_AD posted...

So in other words nobody has bothered to check and they are just assuming.

Exactly. Why should I be bothered to turn on my PS3 and check a lame-ass scenario for someone else, especially if he (or she) keeps asking the same redundant question when I (and the other poster) are trying to answer the question in a reasonable (and polite) manner?
---
End all war now.