New game plus bonus

#1ob1_kenobi87Posted 10/4/2012 7:35:49 PM
After clearing the game, we'll get the option of toggling certain effects on for future play throughs? I copied this from the ps3 boards didnt see it posted here, anyone have the source of this info I havent heard of it before this:

New game bonus choices after completing campaign:

Damage Roulette Weapons have a much wider range of damage.
Total Loss Lose all gear from soldiers who die in combat.
Red Fog Any wounds taken in combat will degrade a soldier's stats for that mission.
Hidden Potential Rookies will have random starting stats.
Results Driven As a soldier is promoted, their stats will increase randomly.
New Economy A country will offer less funding as its panic increases.
War Weariness Overall funding levels drop inexorably with every month that passes.
High Stakes The rewards granted for stopping alien abductions are randomized.
Diminishing Returns The cost of satellites increases with every one that is built.
E-115 Elerium stores will degrade over time.
The Blitz The aliens will target a larger number of cities every time they launch an abduction attack.
Absolutely Critical A flanking shot will guarantee a critical hit.
More Than Human The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The Greater Good The secret of psionics can only be learned by interrogating a psionic alien.
Marathon The game takes considerably longer to complete.
Alternate Sources The power requirements of all facilities are increased.
#2widget624Posted 10/4/2012 7:51:21 PM(edited)
After clearing the game, we'll get the option of toggling certain effects on for future play throughs

Looking at the XComGameCore.ini file from the demo it's very easy to enable them for the first playthrough if you wanted.
The is a line that simply reads ENABLE_SECOND_WAVE=0
#3GRAVITY-CRUSHERPosted 10/4/2012 7:52:30 PM
whats bonus about these lol all are negative other then the flanking one always being a critical....
#4Priss_LancePosted 10/4/2012 9:53:46 PM
GRAVITY-CRUSHER posted...
whats bonus about these lol all are negative other then the flanking one always being a critical....

They're bonuses for those who fancy themselves as masochists, aka those wanting a much harder game.
---
"Warriors of fate, you shall dance bravely. Use your golden wings, and fly to the skies. "
#5JulianDarkPosted 10/5/2012 5:07:43 AM
Marathon The game takes considerably longer to complete.!!

That's epic, after hearing in interviews that the game only takes 30 missions to complete.
#6YokosoPosted 10/5/2012 6:16:32 AM
Most of these "bonuses" are quite pathetic and not interesting. There's more than likely some xml file that you could edit to get the exact same result.
#7Wolfwood44Posted 10/5/2012 6:38:34 AM
Yokoso posted...
Most of these "bonuses" are quite pathetic and not interesting. There's more than likely some xml file that you could edit to get the exact same result.

You obviously miss the point that they are options to be toggled for those who want a more difficult game. Nothing pathetic about it, and the interest is your opinion. I have zero interest in modding an xml file, so this is nice.
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com
#8Kaezar_KazePosted 10/5/2012 8:05:53 AM
Randomly grabbed from what random dictionary Google is using:

bo·nus/%u02C8b%u014Dn%u0259s/
Noun:

1) A payment or gift added to what is usual or expected, in particular.
2) An amount of money added to wages on a seasonal basis, esp. as a reward for good performance.

Synonyms:
premium - prize - gratuity - reward - bounty

Ouh... kay...
---
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,
"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."
#9Koishi_KomeijiPosted 10/5/2012 8:11:10 AM
The list on the wiki left out a couple that were in the files and misnamed a couple others.

Here are the missing ones:
* Rookies gain random stats on level-up (Hidden Potential: the one listed as "Hidden Potential" on the wiki is actually "Not Created Equal")
* Countries have random funding (New Economy: the one listed as "New Economy" on the wiki is actually "Results Driven")
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
#10sifer2Posted 10/5/2012 3:55:45 PM
Why does a lot of this stuff sound like things that should be default in the game?

Red Fog
Hidden Potential
More than Human
The Greater Good

All of those should be standard.