How many old xcom vets here?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  3. How many old xcom vets here?
4 years ago#1
I am curious. The only one I recongize from the old boards is SAS, but perhaps there are some lurkers around here...

Btw, I dont know much about multiplayer, but it will be fun to play you guys!
Let's go
4 years ago#2
UFO Defense is the one of very few games that are permanently on my boards list. The only other one I will probably never remove is Civ V, but I'm hoping EU is good enough for me to want to frequent the boards until the end of time.
If you can read this, you are literate.
4 years ago#3
UFO defense and TFTD. UFO defense was quite easy, but oh boy... TFTD is a nightmare. I curse you lobstermen!
4 years ago#4
Vet from the boards? I don't think I ever went on the xcom boards here.

I have played the original religiously though and then moved onto the lovely UFO:ET, a very good homage imo.
4 years ago#5
When I was playing TFTD a lot, the internet was barely functional, let alone popular. : /
4 years ago#6
Yup, been playing X-COM since it came out in the 90's, and still playing it to this day.

I personally perfer TFTD though, since the maps are larger, its much harder and requires a more diverse team setup than UFO Defense.

ie: You can't just rush Heavy Plasmas and win the game.

Used to save-scum a lot, but I only play it in Iron Man mode now.
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
4 years ago#7
RVallant posted...
Vet from the boards? I don't think I ever went on the xcom boards here.

I have played the original religiously though...

'Bout the same.
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang
4 years ago#8
I only got into X-Com in the steam era. Still one of my favourite games now - steam says I've played it for 131 hours. I must like it.
Going to Saskatoon to catch an all ages Ahnabith Gish show for 15 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'll get a wrist band so I can drink a refreshing Molson's - Orca
4 years ago#9
Not from the board,but I've played lots of X-Com and TFTD on my Amiga 500 and,laters,on my PC.
4 years ago#10
Well, back when I played X-COM I don't remember if I even came to these boards (or if they existed). Maybe I was, but that was some 20 years ago.
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  3. How many old xcom vets here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived