How many old xcom vets here?

#1dragon0085Posted 10/6/2012 5:14:34 PM
I am curious. The only one I recongize from the old boards is SAS, but perhaps there are some lurkers around here...

Btw, I dont know much about multiplayer, but it will be fun to play you guys!
---
Let's go
#2Smokey MacPotPosted 10/6/2012 5:31:45 PM
UFO Defense is the one of very few games that are permanently on my boards list. The only other one I will probably never remove is Civ V, but I'm hoping EU is good enough for me to want to frequent the boards until the end of time.
---
If you can read this, you are literate.
#31618dudePosted 10/6/2012 5:45:40 PM
UFO defense and TFTD. UFO defense was quite easy, but oh boy... TFTD is a nightmare. I curse you lobstermen!
#4RVallantPosted 10/6/2012 6:23:04 PM
Vet from the boards? I don't think I ever went on the xcom boards here.

I have played the original religiously though and then moved onto the lovely UFO:ET, a very good homage imo.
#5ZorlondPosted 10/6/2012 6:28:04 PM
When I was playing TFTD a lot, the internet was barely functional, let alone popular. : /
#6Village IdiotPosted 10/6/2012 6:50:37 PM
Yup, been playing X-COM since it came out in the 90's, and still playing it to this day.

I personally perfer TFTD though, since the maps are larger, its much harder and requires a more diverse team setup than UFO Defense.

ie: You can't just rush Heavy Plasmas and win the game.

Used to save-scum a lot, but I only play it in Iron Man mode now.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#7Yian YanPosted 10/6/2012 7:14:08 PM
RVallant posted...
Vet from the boards? I don't think I ever went on the xcom boards here.

I have played the original religiously though...

'Bout the same.
---
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang
#8RedcountPosted 10/6/2012 10:13:32 PM
I only got into X-Com in the steam era. Still one of my favourite games now - steam says I've played it for 131 hours. I must like it.
---
Going to Saskatoon to catch an all ages Ahnabith Gish show for 15 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'll get a wrist band so I can drink a refreshing Molson's - Orca
#9Fallen_Grace82Posted 10/7/2012 3:12:27 AM
Not from the board,but I've played lots of X-Com and TFTD on my Amiga 500 and,laters,on my PC.
#10LeBurns63Posted 10/7/2012 6:03:17 AM
Well, back when I played X-COM I don't remember if I even came to these boards (or if they existed). Maybe I was, but that was some 20 years ago.
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.