is multiplayer going to be REGION LOCKED?

#1themothman421Posted 10/7/2012 10:09:27 AM
i hated this about borderlands 2, i have a lot of friends overseas that i want to play multi with, and i COULDNT DO THIS in borderlands 2

will XCOM make the same mistake
---
THE LORD OF MOTHMEN -- i am the mothman. i live in utah.
#2SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 10/7/2012 10:24:16 AM
I don't know for certain, but I hope not, since there'd be less reason to do so. With the game being turn-based and all, any extra lag that an overseas connection might cause isn't likely to be game-crippling, like it might be in a game like Borderlands 2.

Of course, cross platform multiplayer would've been a nice touch, too, since the turn-based nature means no platform would have an innate advantage because of its control scheme, and they didn't implement that, so who knows?
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.
#3manarayPosted 10/7/2012 12:51:27 PM
I think it will be region locked in order to help prevent piracy and to teach those that buy Russian keys for cheap a lesson.
---
Let's see that pocket protector protect this!
#4themothman421(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 4:45:05 PM
Yeah all you people who bought "discount keys" from shady retailers should be quivering about this too (and this includes greenmangaming, clowns).
---
#5Koishi_KomeijiPosted 10/7/2012 5:14:49 PM(edited)
Ask your question here:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forumdisplay.php?76-XCOM-General-Discussion
As far as I know, this question hasn't been asked yet.

GMG isn't a "discount key" retailer. They sell full downloads for non-Steam games. The key-only stuff is for Steam games only. What, did they eat your dog or something?
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
#6Priss_LancePosted 10/7/2012 5:50:15 PM
I'm not sure of the answer to this question myself, but given that XCOM:EU is one of the very few modern games that actually offers a LAN option in MP, I don't think they'll let region locks get in the way of their MP.
---
"Warriors of fate, you shall dance bravely. Use your golden wings, and fly to the skies. "
#7themothman421(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:26:36 PM
im telling you guys this is more important than you think
---
#8TanonPosted 10/7/2012 8:51:22 PM
themothman421 posted...
Yeah all you people who bought "discount keys" from shady retailers should be quivering about this too (and this includes greenmangaming, clowns).

lol what is this?
---
GT- Renarka.
TaCoS - All the gas. None of the TexMex
#9RieversPosted 10/7/2012 8:54:46 PM
Tanon posted...
themothman421 posted...

lol what is this?

Uninformed ignorance
#10bhaal_spawnPosted 10/8/2012 2:10:26 AM
Tanon posted...
themothman421 posted...

lol what is this?

i figure he bought it full price then found out there were cheaper options
---
GT: StrikingKestrel
PSN: Katelyst
More topics from this board...
Psi questionLiger8188212/21 2:02PM