So can I not customize my squad without pre-ordering?

#1soothsayer77Posted 10/8/2012 10:38:11 AM
Unfortunately, my computer isn't cut out very well for playing games, so I'll be picking this up on the 360. It seems to play really well on the 360 anyway, so that's awesome.

Anyway, I really want to get this at midnight, and as far as I can tell no Gamestops around me are doing a midnight launch. I thought with Dishonored releasing at the same time, it would get the boost it needed, but apparently not.

So I'm thinking about just picking it up at a Wal-mart at midnight, but I don't think I'll be getting the pre-order bonus. So how is significant is the bonus? I know it's just about cosmetics, but I would like to customize my guys.
#2Smokey MacPotPosted 10/8/2012 10:50:17 AM
You might still have a good chance at getting the Elite Soldier Pack since it comes in every copy of the first shipment. Even if you don't you can still customize your soldiers you just won't have as many options.
---
If you can read this, you are literate.
#3xtacbPosted 10/8/2012 10:54:55 AM
Smokey MacPot posted...
You might still have a good chance at getting the Elite Soldier Pack since it comes in every copy of the first shipment. Even if you don't you can still customize your soldiers you just won't have as many options.

what customize options does the Elite Solider Pack add?
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#4Smokey MacPotPosted 10/8/2012 10:57:32 AM
I don't know, 1337 stuff?
---
If you can read this, you are literate.
#5Priss_LancePosted 10/8/2012 11:01:05 AM
The customization options included in the Elite Soldier Pack include

- 3 Helmets and Flat-Top hair for hair customization
- Armor Deco customization category, allowing you to change your armor's appearance
- Armor Color

Everything else like hair, face, voice, skin color etc. are available in all copies.
---
"Warriors of fate, you shall dance bravely. Use your golden wings, and fly to the skies. "
#6Amidamaru_Posted 10/8/2012 11:01:28 AM
Elite Soldier Pack*

The Elite Soldier Pack will provide the ultimate tools for soldier customization in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, including:

Classic XCOM Soldier
Players will instantly receive a new recruit in their barracks inspired by the original X-COM: UFO Defense. The iconic soldier with the blonde, flattop hairstyle will return fully modernized.
Soldier Deco packs
Players can customize their soldier with several aesthetic upgrades to armor suits, including the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits.
Complete color customization
A variety of colors and tints for all armor sets in the game allow players complete control to customize their squad’s look.

Source: Steam's store page for XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
---
Signature?
#7DuneManPosted 10/8/2012 11:01:55 AM
It adds to the helmets, the coloring options for armor, the old pop-out flat-top haircut from the Microprose game, and possibly some other stuff.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#8xtacbPosted 10/8/2012 11:06:37 AM
if you dont have that pack

can you still customize hairstyles, hair colors, face options, names, of the squad?

i dont really care about coloring the armor or whatnot
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#9Amidamaru_Posted 10/8/2012 11:08:32 AM
Yeah, you absolutely can.
---
Signature?
#10soothsayer77(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:46:29 AM(edited)
Oh awesome, thanks for the tips. I thought there was literally no cosmetic customization without the pack.

And they just come in the first run of the game, it's not a pre-order bonus? Sweet! I should get it if I pick it up at Wal-Mart at midnight then. I'm psyched, the game looks fantastic.