Sniper Abilities: Snapshot or Squadsight?

#1xtacbPosted 10/9/2012 6:01:50 PM
Snapshot allows sniper to shoot after moving

Squadshot allows firing at targets in any ally's sight

Both sound good, but squadshot seems even better?

Should I grab Squadshot?
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#2mo5h3rmanPosted 10/9/2012 6:10:56 PM
I would, yes
---
Darkness then Redness then Whiteness!!
#3Dane_JPosted 10/9/2012 6:12:25 PM
I'm personally a huge fan of squadsight. I was using 2 snipers for a while, and the guy with squadsight just tends to get in a lot more shots while keeping him back, safe from the enemy.
---
PSN: Xelig (If you send invite, mention coming from these boards)
#4Marioface5Posted 10/9/2012 6:13:14 PM
Personally I like Squadsight better. It makes snipers much more useful for actual sniping purposes, and Snapshot gives you an aiming penalty that you don't get with Squadsight.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#5Yian YanPosted 10/9/2012 6:15:35 PM
Squadsight can be **** at times but when it's good it is unbelievable. I would recommend it over snapshot.
---
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang
#6Wolfwood44Posted 10/9/2012 6:16:39 PM
My squadsight sniper ranked up faster than anyone else. I'm not sure of what his kills are vs the rest of the team, but he's a beast. Now, with double tap, the rest of my guys are just there for looks (and interior missions).

I AM building a snap shot sniper for interior levels, though my squadsight really hasn't been struggling too much.
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com
#7EnragedSlithPosted 10/9/2012 6:20:48 PM
The problem with Snapshot is that your next promotion makes your pistol twice as powerful, which is far more useful than wasting your sniper ammunition on inaccurate oversight shots.
#8Yian YanPosted 10/9/2012 6:21:49 PM
EnragedSlith posted...
The problem with Snapshot is that your next promotion makes your pistol twice as powerful, which is far more useful than wasting your sniper ammunition on inaccurate oversight shots.

Not if you go with the other ability. Isn't that one Damn Good Ground wherein you get better bonuses from better ground?
---
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang
#9Village IdiotPosted 10/10/2012 12:42:54 AM
EnragedSlith posted...

Research Grappling Armor.

Hook up to a high vantage point, now you have a clear, long range shot via Squad Sight.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#10DuneManPosted 10/10/2012 1:05:04 AM
Assuming Snap Shot lets you use your various special shots with the rifle after moving, that would be its main strength. Otherwise Squad Sight snipers in Skeleton Armor can have fun shooting everything for your team.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao