Assault Abilities, Flush or Rapid Fire?

#1xtacbPosted 10/9/2012 5:27:55 PM
Flush: Low Damage attack that forces enemies out of cover (so your oversight allies can shoot them)

Rapid Fire: Shoot twice but at a lower accuracy

Does Run-And-Gun work with Rapid fire?

cause if you can combine those 2 abilities then 2 point blank shotgun shots is really powerful
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#2A_Friendly_NPCPosted 10/9/2012 5:49:37 PM
Rapid shots and can be used after using Run-and-Gun, it's pretty powerful when you get a bunch of the added crit damage and crit chance skills.

flushing shot is good when you got stubborn guys hiding in cover that are too risky to RnG up to, or when you have a bunch of guys waiting in overwatch to pick him off when he moves.
#3xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 5:51:14 PM
so which do you guys recommend?

cause it seems both have its uses
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#4DangaardPosted 10/9/2012 6:32:11 PM(edited)
I like to have a few different assault people specced for the 2 different "sides" of the assault tree. Offensive on the right, defensive on the left. Defensive assaults can help eat up enemy fire and reaction shots, offensive can be.....offensive :P

edit: got the left and right sides mixed up >_>
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#5Village IdiotPosted 10/9/2012 6:50:40 PM(edited)
Flush, imo

Flush is essentially a re-usable grenade, as it removes the alien from cover, allowing your team to cut them down.

Rapid Fire, while good, increases the chance that you'll miss, ie: a greater chance that you'll miss both shots.

I'd still have two Assaults with one of each, as you might want Rapid Fire when you absolutely need something dead.

ie: Chrysalid

---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#6DuneManPosted 10/9/2012 11:59:34 PM
It depends on how you play. I personally tend to favor Heavies, so my Assault classes tend to have Rapid Fire. Used with Run and Gun you can basically get quadruple damage if you get critical hits.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7IntegnosPosted 10/10/2012 1:25:29 AM
I prefer Rapid Fire.

At max rank, Assaults have 14 more aim than Heavies. So the skill may seem like a liability, but if people can hit with a Heavy, they can hit with Rapid Fire from an Assault.
#8SinistraXPosted 10/10/2012 7:03:26 AM
My main assault has Rapid fire, close quarters and rapid reflexes. She is AMAZING at running in, dodging and double shotgunning whatever in the face. Then if someone else happens to come around the corner, BOOM you still get shot in the face because she's permanently on overwatch.

I also prefer the 1st defensive pick because I can often use her as bait (high cover + 20def + maybe smokebomb) and they still shoot at her all day whilst other pick enemies off.
#9meowmeowboboPosted 10/10/2012 7:15:39 AM
rapid fire.
flushing emeny just make them run for other cover or away from sight.
#10Lord BladePosted 10/10/2012 8:29:14 AM
I find rapid fire infinitely more useful. Assault soldiers have great accuracy anyway, so the accuracy penalty doesn't really hurt much. But considering the massive amounts of health later enemies have, rapid fire is all but required.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
More topics from this board...
Psi questionLiger8188212/21 2:02PM