In the zone, or double tap for snipers?

#1xtacbPosted 10/10/2012 2:55:46 PM
In the Zone (Colonel)

Targets without Cover or Flanked targets may be attacked once per turn without expending an action.

Double Tap (Colonel)

A Sniper who chooses not to move at the beginning of their turn may make two attacks, including Headshots and Disabling Attacks. Double Tap has a one-turn cooldown.
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#2MortalDangerPosted 10/10/2012 2:58:49 PM
Snipers never flank and enemies are rarely out of cover. Plus you get two shots always with the double tap
---
God Bless America.
#3quanticdreamPosted 10/10/2012 3:00:17 PM
MortalDanger posted...
Snipers never flank

unless with snapshot... <_<
#4xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 3:00:53 PM(edited)
MortalDanger posted...
Snipers never flank and enemies are rarely out of cover. Plus you get two shots always with the double tap

when Snipers are in oversight, and the enemy moves, is that enemy considered "out of cover" and would trigger in the zone?
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#5tcaz2Posted 10/10/2012 3:04:13 PM
MortalDanger posted...

when Snipers are in oversight, and the enemy moves, is that enemy considered "out of cover" and would trigger in the zone?

Yes.

Also it has really great synergy with the assault skill Flush and any kind of grenade or rocket.

Even still, you do use it less. But when you do use it, it's more powerful than the alternative.
---
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2664/7b7aaa038007832d461b28c.jpg
#6fifthfanPosted 10/10/2012 3:04:49 PM
I'd say it depends on how you're using your sniper. If it's a squad sight one then Double Tap is best just because ideally you'll hardly be moving them around.

If you're going with a more recon sniper with snap shot then in the zone might be better, not sure haven't tried that one out yet, I like squad sight too much. Guess I'll level someone up and try it.
---
You can kill me, but then I'll be dead.
Aww, it's soo cute, just makes you want to club it.
#7Apollo278Posted 10/10/2012 3:43:26 PM
Just in case you didn't notice in the zone requires you to kill the target to get another shot.
#8sikyPosted 10/10/2012 3:53:52 PM
I think when people start experimenting more squad strategies, in the zone might actually be better than double tap.

3-4x Assault
1-2x Support
1x Sniper

Sniper with Snapshot, In the Zone and Opportunist makes them very mobile, attached with a scope for increased aim and with assaults flushing the enemy from cover constantly you can end up getting many kills or at least high % chance opportunities to clear out the enemy.

If you like being aggressive, this might be the pinnicle of "a good defense is a great offense" strategy.
#9HobospartanPosted 10/10/2012 11:42:24 PM
In the Zone is beastly against chryssalids since they ignore cover. Last terror mission I played I dropped two chryssalids and two zombies in one turn with my ITZ sniper. Course two missions earlier I was wishing I had Double Tap, so there's that. Both are pretty amazing, at the end of the day, I think it'll depend on your playstyle as to which one works better for you.
---
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
#10Village IdiotPosted 10/10/2012 11:49:37 PM
In The Zone

Not even a question.

Heres the end result of In The Zone combined with Heavy/Assault/Grenades:

Heavy/Grenades = Explosives to remove all cover
Assault = Flush to force aliens to move out of cover

Afterwards the Sniper just chain kills everything with near 100% accuracy.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude