Thermo Generator.. Help!

#1clintnorthPosted 10/12/2012 8:10:48 AM
It says this must be built over a steam vent. What is that?

I can neither build it the grid above a steam section and I always have to excavate the steam no matter what. I am not hurting for power so its not urgent, but I would definitely rather build that then regular power generators in the future, so I am here to ask..

What is this buildings Deal? How do I actually begin construction?
#2BladenytePosted 10/12/2012 8:14:25 AM
when you start a new game, there is a chance some of the base slots will say 'steam' on them. its completely random. chances are you dont have any of those, in which case, you cant build them
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#3Lord BladePosted 10/12/2012 8:14:57 AM
Get the elevator going to a level with a steam vent.
Excavate the steam vent.
Build the thermo reactor on the steam vent.

It's pretty straightforward.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#4clintnorth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 8:19:11 AM
Lord Blade posted...
Get the elevator going to a level with a steam vent.
Excavate the steam vent.
Build the thermo reactor on the steam vent.

It's pretty straightforward.

Oh. After I excavated some vents I must have forgotten exactly what square they were on. Dur. For some reason I thought the steam shouldn't be excavated.

Thanks! lol
#5maverickxx2986Posted 10/12/2012 8:23:24 AM
I'll admit, the part where it says that it must be built OVER a steam vent made me think for a minute that it had to be built one grid above the steam grid. But then I decided that didnt make alot of sense and just tried excavating the steam grid and then tried to build a Thermo on it and it worked just fine.

The confusion comes in because it says OVER and the whole base structure is viewed like an ant farm (from the side view) so the term over should be changed to ON a steam vent.
#6zUkUuPosted 10/12/2012 9:54:04 AM
maverickxx2986 posted...
I'll admit, the part where it says that it must be built OVER a steam vent made me think for a minute that it had to be built one grid above the steam grid. But then I decided that didnt make alot of sense and just tried excavating the steam grid and then tried to build a Thermo on it and it worked just fine.

The confusion comes in because it says OVER and the whole base structure is viewed like an ant farm (from the side view) so the term over should be changed to ON a steam vent.

had the exact problem.