Add user to Ignore List after reporting
4 years ago#1
Broken (the major stuff)
1. Disappearing Soldiers after mission completion
2. Enemies that "teleport"
3. Accuracy system doesn't work properly
5. Have played three games already never once needed science lab
1. The game moves too fast
2. Lack of Technological variety (UFO: AI, which is a FREE XCOM clone and a beta, had more, this is sad)
3. Limited Strategic Options; only two actually satellites, and interceptors (again UFO: AI had more)
Things that are good about the game
1. Panic management system (the existence of one)
2. Tactical combat can be fun, even if it is a bit simplistic
3. Unit skills and classes
4 years ago#2
They definitely simplified a bit for the "tutorial / achievement" generation of gamers...
I'm just happy this game was a hit. They finally remade it, and now they're probably going to make more.
4 years ago#3
Have played three games already never once needed science lab
Either they weren't full games and can't be used to accurately judge whether or not the labs would've been necessary (or at least immensely helpful), or you've got some crazy amounts of free time, 'cause I'm still working on my first game and, according to Steam, I've put almost a full day into it.
When all else fails, read the instructions.
4 years ago#4
were sorry to hear you dislike it.
you should go play ufo:ai. this seems like a waste of your time.
name : coyote balfour
4 years ago#5
1 and 2 never happened to me. I think you need to get your game patched
3 is subject to gambler's fallacy. You also have to remember that the game has built in anti save scumming methods. Reloading your game will not change the outcome.
4, camera angles can be a problems.. yes
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
4 years ago#6
Wow! This game is very broken..... where to begin.
In regards to "Broken"
1)I've never had soldiers disappear, sorry :/
2)The only teleporting enemies I've seen is clipping when they are moving in packs, sometimes they clip through the wall. Once they see you and can actually do combatty things, they never 'teleport'.
3) The accuracy system works perfectly; if you're making this statement because you reloaded a game and tried the shot again and it still failed, that's because it works based off of a seed, a list of "pregenerated" numbers. You'd never know this if you're playing Ironman though, so it's only relevant if you are loading saves.
4) YES. I completely agree with you.
5) I've had to make them in one of my games. But only because every abduction mission I kept having to choose engineers, never got my scientists.
In regards to "Shallow"
1)You define the pace of the game, so this is really a personal issue.
2)There is a lack of technological variety, no question there. It's a very linear tech path with no real options. Titan armor is better than carapace armor, it's just that simple. Ghost armor is better than skeleton armor, it's just that simple. Plasma weapons are better than laser weapons, etc.
3)I'm not exactly sure I understand the complaint.
(Topic Creator)4 years ago#7
moyashi101 posted...Have played three games already never once needed science lab
True they weren't full games, I encountered a game breaking bug and restarted (because even if I load a previous save the same events tend to happen). I did manage to get all the plasma weapons researched without needing a science lab....
4 years ago#8
I agree. Shallow and pedantic.
4 years ago#9
yeah it is buggy as hell... hopefully it'll be patched soon
wouldn't call it shallow though. it's pretty engaging
(+.[___].+) a literal illustration of the Vita board ^
4 years ago#10
I agree it is odd that I've researched everything and I have no science labs at all. The marathon option might fix that tho. I do have like 9 workshops, my entire left side of the base is pretty much workshop city. :)