Heavy: Supression, Danger Zone, Mayhem

#1Lunatic_FakerPosted 10/14/2012 1:56:17 PM
Do these stack? Like if I suppress multiple aliens with Danger Zone does Mayhem let be do damage to all of them?
#2EdalborezPosted 10/14/2012 2:03:59 PM(edited)
I haven't used Danger Zone, does it actually target multiple enemies or just one? Does it hit enemies nearby a Suppressed target when it moves? I wouldn't think that it would allow Mayhem to hit multiple enemies.

Edit: And proven wrong, I am. Will have to do this with a Heavy on my next playthrough. Mayhem rocks.
#3User232365Posted 10/14/2012 2:03:26 PM(edited)
It does, and it is awesome. With Plasma tech, that is a guaranteed 3 damage and suppression effect to the target regardless of cover, and targets in 2 tiles in every direction from it. On Normal mode, that is enough to one-shot Drones that accompany Sectopods and Disks if they are right next to it [which they often are].
---
All Green.
All systems go.
#4igor140Posted 10/14/2012 2:04:08 PM
i don't find mayhem very useful. it increases damage to rockets, but you only get one (or maybe a shredder, but not if you have suppression). and while i seldom used suppression at all, i can count the number of times a suppressed unit actually moved on two fingers: one was a cryssalid and the other was a berserker who had just been shot by a different unit.

conversely, an additional rocket is always useful...
---
without God, death is the only absolute
#5EdalborezPosted 10/14/2012 2:06:51 PM
The little extra benefit to Mayhem'd Suppression: the little damaging shot always seems to hit. Helpful if facing low hit odds, or force a Berserker to move and be shot by the Suppression shot.
#6Lunatic_Faker(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 3:00:59 PM
igor140 posted...
i don't find mayhem very useful. it increases damage to rockets, but you only get one (or maybe a shredder, but not if you have suppression). and while i seldom used suppression at all, i can count the number of times a suppressed unit actually moved on two fingers: one was a cryssalid and the other was a berserker who had just been shot by a different unit.

conversely, an additional rocket is always useful...

Also I tried out Mayhem. I got a Fusion Ball Launcher I think it's called (Basically Upgraded Rocket Launcher) It does a crap ton of damage with Mayhem.
#7Element_PearlPosted 10/14/2012 3:02:58 PM
You can force a suppressed target out of cover with Flush from an Assault. I've done this a few times and it works great.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#8Mitosis89Posted 10/14/2012 4:19:42 PM
i can count the number of times a suppressed unit actually moved on two fingers

I almost never use Suppression with the intent of getting a reaction shot off it. You're pinning him in place (I never see an enemy make a calculated choice on whether to move; they just never move) so he can't flank anyone in an unfortunate position, and reducing his aim so when he takes a shot somewhat safer. It's entirely a defensive skill, not offensive. Works great on enemies you're trying to capture too.
#9ZorlondPosted 10/14/2012 4:46:17 PM
It stacks, and it is awesome. Supression ignores hit %, reduces their accuracy, makes it unlikely that they'll move (because of opportunity fire if they do), and it also bypasses one of the more annoying alien abilities in very late-game. Even if Mayhem doesn't do much damage, it still adds up to a very nice ability to have.
#10EdalborezPosted 10/14/2012 4:50:11 PM
Zorlond posted...
it also bypasses one of the more annoying alien abilities in very late-game.

Which ability is that? Is it the stupid bullet reflection that Ethereals do?