Is this bad?
#2Kaezar_KazePosted 10/15/2012 7:09:22 PM
Yes.
---
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,
"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."
#3BladenytePosted 10/15/2012 7:10:32 PM
must be nice to have more than 1 support =/

i have 1 heavy, 2 assault, 1 support and 14 snipers... and since im near the endgame, its really dangerous to bring rookies into battle in hopes of getting promotions
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#4Halpa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 7:11:09 PM
I am a purely defensive player who goes around everywhere in overwatch and suppress.
#5Smokey MacPotPosted 10/15/2012 7:40:10 PM
Heavies are good for that too. 2 shots on overwatch if the first hits? Yes please. My current game I have gotten a ton of heavies and only 2 supports and 2 assaults (one of each has died too). It's kinda nice to go into a battle and be able to fire 3 rockets in one turn if I need to.
---
If you can read this, you are literate.
#6Yian YanPosted 10/15/2012 7:51:50 PM(edited)
You have at least one of each and a bunch of Supports. Supports can be very solid front-line soldiers with massive movement (flanking!), the ability to suppress, heal multiple times, raise no cover to full cover, and carry two items. Not to mention they aren't bad shots either.

All of those at the same time if you want. Having multiple isn't necessarily a bad thing.

That said there are sometimes where the game can overwhelm you without multiple rockets or more than one assault or where the raw killing power of multiple snipers could help. . .

Later on Assault usually make better front guys just because of things like extra health, no crits, and/or the first reaction shot against them auto-failing.

Bladenyte posted...
must be nice to have more than 1 support =/

i have 1 heavy, 2 assault, 1 support and 14 snipers... and since im near the endgame, its really dangerous to bring rookies into battle in hopes of getting promotions

If you're at end-game just get the rookies to squaddie Officer Training School upgrade and weed them out that way. Squaddies aren't the best but at least they can do something basic and aren't rooks (flanking attack 55% chance to hit).
---
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang
#7leoking99Posted 10/15/2012 7:51:11 PM(edited)
I still only have the heavy laser cannon for my, well, Heavy, and I'm finding they're accuaracy is pretty low. Maybe i've been having some bad rolls, but if they didn't have rockets and the ability to carry 2 nades, i'd prbly switch them out and hope for a different class.

As a side note, i'm getting an insane number of snipers and have gotten only my second medic. I have also not been able to have 2 Assaults on the roster at the same time. They tend to get into quite a bit of trouble....... :/
#8DarktylPosted 10/15/2012 7:54:27 PM
Yeah, I think you should switch out one of your support for another assault. Assault need wingmans or they will die!

Talkign about late game promotion, sniper is the hardest to level up. They have to rely on pistol early on (until you get squadsight or scanner) and that doesn't kill anything!
---
And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times.
#9xtacbPosted 10/15/2012 8:03:44 PM(edited)
support can flank

but assault can flank AND shoot twice (and have much better survivability)

i run with 2 assault, 1 heavy, 1 support, 2 sniper

my 2 assaults are run=and=gun rapid fire flankers with alloy cannon/plasma rilfe

my 2 snipers are plasma sniper squadshot + the ability that lets them shoot twice

snipers kill everything (outdoor maps) with support/ghost armor etc

then my 2 assaults go in and finish everything else (with my heavy and support going along for the ride)

supports are good all around class, but Assaults just simply do more damage cause of the rapid fire double shooting (and high critical)

---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#10DarktylPosted 10/15/2012 8:07:59 PM
Support are just that, support. They are my backup for my assaults. My team is always composed of 2 support and the rest assault. Sometime I switch out the assault with snipers or heavy (when they got injured). The assaults are my kill squad and my support are their backup when the aliens pinata just refuse to blow up!
---
And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times.
More topics from this board...
Psi questionLiger8188212/21 2:02PM