Gravely Wounded / No K.O. - Any Will Penalty?

#1MurphysGhostPosted 10/18/2012 8:56:37 AM
Talking permanently.

Just got done with a mission and my Heavy had taken a lot of fire (he had Titan Armor + Chitin Plate and he's a Col. so he had a lot of HP to soak up the punishment). He's listed as Gravely Wounded, back in 7 days (I have the fast healing Officer Training).

I know when a character is Critically Injured/Downed their Will takes a permanent hit. Does Gravely Wounded have any such penalty? (I don't remember the character's stat pre-mission...)

Also, if a character is revived via medikit after being downed, will they still take that permanent hit?

Just basic questions, sorry if it's been gone over to death. Thanks! :)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#2ChronoReversePosted 10/18/2012 9:14:33 AM
Supposedly, if you're downed, you get the will penalty. Damage will reduction is just temporary though.
#3quanticdreamPosted 10/18/2012 9:25:37 AM
Sorry for offtop, but I so wish you could take medkits off the body of your wounded support... -_-
#4MurphysGhost(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2012 9:38:18 AM
ChronoReverse posted...
Supposedly, if you're downed, you get the will penalty. Damage will reduction is just temporary though.

Not trying to be a dick at all, but I... don't feel like this answered either of my questions very clearly? : /
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5Wulf2KPosted 10/18/2012 9:39:25 AM
If he didn't take a nap, he didn't lose permanent will.
#6ChronoReversePosted 10/18/2012 9:48:33 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
ChronoReverse posted...

Not trying to be a dick at all, but I... don't feel like this answered either of my questions very clearly? : /

I mean that if you're downed and revive, then will penalty. If you're just hurt bad, then no.
#7MurphysGhost(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2012 9:52:44 AM
Thanks, fellas. :)

@Chrono - I thought that was probably what you meant, just the way it was worded I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.
---
#8SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 10/18/2012 3:25:20 PM
ChronoReverse posted...
MurphysGhost posted...
ChronoReverse posted...

I mean that if you're downed and revive, then will penalty. If you're just hurt bad, then no.

Are you absolutely certain of that? If a soldier is unconscious and bleeding out or if they're simply taken down to a single hit point, they're both listed as gravely wounded, upon returning to the base. I could've sworn it was the grave wounds that were the cause of the permanent will drop, and if true, they'd both be at equal risk.
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.
#9lionheart5656Posted 10/18/2012 3:32:00 PM
SpaceAgeSamurai posted...
ChronoReverse posted...
MurphysGhost posted...
ChronoReverse posted...

Are you absolutely certain of that? If a soldier is unconscious and bleeding out or if they're simply taken down to a single hit point, they're both listed as gravely wounded, upon returning to the base. I could've sworn it was the grave wounds that were the cause of the permanent will drop, and if true, they'd both be at equal risk.

You are thinking about it way way too hard.

It is much more simple than you are making it.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#10SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 10/18/2012 3:35:18 PM
More simple than reading the words "Gravely Wounded"? How much simpler can it get?
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.