heat ammo or rapid reaction?

#1RfHoldenPosted 10/20/2012 12:40:03 PM
I'm leaning towards heat ammo but i'm not sure, advise me!
#2EdalborezPosted 10/20/2012 12:46:46 PM
HEAT. Heavies have the worst Aim of any class so there's a good chance they won't hit with Overwatch at all.
#3AtzenkillerPosted 10/20/2012 12:48:03 PM
heat ammo. seems much more useful later on when you'll be fighting mostly machines on most missions compared to a skill that only activates when you get the chance to get a 2nd reaction shot and the first one was a success
#4GrowshroomPosted 10/20/2012 12:51:01 PM
H.E.A.T. Ammo. IIRC the damage buff applies to Rocket Launchers as well as the primary weapon, which is very useful for Cyberdisks. Sectopods for some reason seem to no-sell rockets, but a close-up Heavy (preferably with Metal Storm) melts them. Since both Disks and especially Pods are high-danger enemies, having a Heavy as an effective counter is valuable.

On the other hand, for Rapid Reaction Heavies aren't very accurate so hitting once let alone twice with Overwatch is sketchy. This ability might work well with Holo Targeting+Suppression, but from my experience with Suppression targeted aliens rarely move to trigger the Overwatch effect.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#5anime295Posted 10/20/2012 12:54:25 PM
Edalborez posted...
HEAT. Heavies have the worst Aim of any class so there's a good chance they won't hit with Overwatch at all.

Their Aim is balanced around the fact that some (most) can fire twice per turn. I mean, could you imagine a 90+10 aim Heavy with Heavy Plasma firing twice per turn?