How do I capture the alien on the "find Anna Sing" level?

#1DustinhtPosted 10/20/2012 1:13:38 PM
I'm on a tutorial mission I guess where I need to locate and find Anna Sing in Chongqing, China. The game wants me to capture this human alien, but I don't see how and don't know how to capture.

Any tips for a probably idiotic/stupid question?
---
"Kill all of the enemy units because their red color advocates communism. "
-Albin0
#2MooseUpNorthPosted 10/20/2012 1:20:15 PM
She's an escapee, not a hybrid. You need to find her and _rescue_ her. Just send somebody to stand next to her, and she'll follow your lead.
#3zynnkPosted 10/20/2012 1:20:59 PM
U can't capture it yet. I got confused the first time too, but that was the prelude to a story component soon after. Just kill it for now.
---
Ultimate Weight Loss Solution ---------- Decapitation
#4zerozediPosted 10/20/2012 1:21:04 PM
I don't think you got the stuff to capture aliens at that point. You need an arc thrower.
#5Dustinht(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2012 1:22:59 PM
MooseUpNorth posted...
She's an escapee, not a hybrid. You need to find her and _rescue_ her. Just send somebody to stand next to her, and she'll follow your lead.

I'm talking about this really flexible alien enemy with the little glasses wearing a suit.

I guess I can't capture it. Thanks for the advice.
---
-Albin0
#6dbgagerPosted 10/20/2012 1:23:33 PM
Don't capture or kill her. She needs to be rescued.
#7Dustinht(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2012 1:26:59 PM
For clarification, I'm talking about the first alien you encounter in this level.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=953/fb858b99bdeb6ffcf364787ae4ce0fe5.png

That guy.

Dr. Vahlen says something along the lines of "he might be an infiltrator, capture him" and I guess you can't capture him.

An odd oversight.
---
-Albin0
#8nadwodnyPosted 10/20/2012 1:32:54 PM
That enemy is known as a thin man. You capture it as with any of the "capturable" aliens, using an Arc Thrower, which becomes available to build after the appropriate research project. Most likely, you don't have this tech yet, so blast away, preferably as soon as you see them, because they can dance circles around you, and poison your troops. Once you get the Arc Thrower, you can capture any of the organic enemies, other than Chrysalids and their zombies. Interrogating, rather than just autopsying the aliens gives you research credits.
---
PSN ID and GT: Killgore32
wwwdotclanBOTCdotcom
#9Dustinht(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2012 1:35:52 PM
nadwodny posted...
That enemy is known as a thin man. You capture it as with any of the "capturable" aliens, using an Arc Thrower, which becomes available to build after the appropriate research project. Most likely, you don't have this tech yet, so blast away, preferably as soon as you see them, because they can dance circles around you, and poison your troops. Once you get the Arc Thrower, you can capture any of the organic enemies, other than Chrysalids and their zombies. Interrogating, rather than just autopsying the aliens gives you research credits.

yep, I don't have the tech yet nor has it ever been mentioned yet. Blast away... before it murders my troops. The first time I underestimated it, and it one-shot Galdamez!
---
-Albin0
#10sfcalimariPosted 10/20/2012 2:34:06 PM
Also you need to build the interrogation chamber or whatever it's called to be able to interrogate captured aliens, and you probably can't build that yet either.

Take everything you're told in the tutorial with a big grain of salt, a lot of the time the game will push you to do things way too early, like build a foundry, when you really need to be focusing on building and launching satellites.
---
http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/17/26/59/67/king_p10.jpg