Sniper Skills: Squad Sight vs Snap Shot, what do you prefer?

#1Magus RunePosted 10/22/2012 6:24:33 AM
I run with two snipers in my squad, (one going down the left tree, one going down the right tree), and I must admit I enjoy Snap Shot much more.

Squad Sight is just so *terrain* dependent. If there is no high ground, or you're entering an alien ship...all you can do is have an Squad Sight sniper sit back in regular cover, Overwatch, and hope something lines up.

Snap shot works well with your group being mobile though, and if your Heavy is using holo targeting it should help make up the difference.
#2SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/22/2012 6:26:13 AM
Squad sight.

Snapshot is just useless.
---
I used to be perplexed at all the hate that D3 got until I realized that the series is the western equivalent of Final Fantasy and the fanbase hasn't caught on.
#3technolemPosted 10/22/2012 6:29:09 AM
I think the point of snapshot is to turn your sniper into another front line attacker. Higher range but lower accuracy. Hence, only useful in twisty maps. There aren't many twisty maps late in the game. If you need that then gunslinger is better anyway, attack of 7 + infinite ammo.
#4Magus Rune(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 6:29:17 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...

The difference in kill count between my Snap Shot sniper and my Squad Sight sniper indicates otherwise.
#5zynnkPosted 10/22/2012 6:36:03 AM
Magus Rune posted...

The difference in kill count between my Snap Shot sniper and my Squad Sight sniper indicates otherwise.

Skeleton armor compliments squadsight so well. I don't know why anyone would have a snapshot with more kills unless he/she was brought on more missions. Double Tab and In the Zone both compliments squadsight as well in my opinion
---
Ultimate Weight Loss Solution ---------- Decapitation
#6SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/22/2012 6:40:07 AM
Magus Rune posted...

Do you have Gunsliger on your Squad Sight sniper?
---
I used to be perplexed at all the hate that D3 got until I realized that the series is the western equivalent of Final Fantasy and the fanbase hasn't caught on.
#7funkyfritterPosted 10/22/2012 6:46:38 AM
Squad sight, if I want someone who can move and shoot I don't use a sniper.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#8kmanweissPosted 10/22/2012 7:15:59 AM
Snap shot is bad.

Squad sight is amazing.

Put a good side arm on, do some pistol research (increase accuracy, damage, etc), and throw on gunslinger if that's not enough for ya.
#9raptalienPosted 10/22/2012 7:33:57 AM
I run both. Both are great.

The fact I can move to make better us of In the Zone! makes it a good option on one.
---
It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.
#10rjsilverthornPosted 10/22/2012 7:39:26 AM
Early on I was always annoyed when I had to re-position my Squad Sight sniper, since it effectively made him useless for the round, so when I leveled my next sniper I went with Snap Shot instead. Now that I'm farther into the game I really wish I'd taken Squad Sight on him, as my original sniper routinely decimates the enemy.