Last Mission, Last Room *Spoilers*

#1HighOnPhazonPosted 10/22/2012 9:01:58 PM
Wow, that last room with the three Ethereals is just complete b.s. I just won after reloading 4 times, and won out of shear luck, let's just say all I could do is basically revive my Sniper and let her Double Tap everything in the room that she could see, because everyone else was Mind Control fodder.

My Chosen One, who had 98 Will got Mind Controlled right off the bat, then my Assault next, who had a mind shield! It's like the thing is worthless beyond anything.

Any tips for my next run? Basically I think that the only important thing will is for is that last damn room, so I plan on getting Iron Will ASAP.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#2meowmeowboboPosted 10/22/2012 9:10:14 PM
take a shiv with you?
that room is clearable with a sniper and someone to scout with. mindless shiv is a good choice.
#3SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 10/22/2012 9:12:57 PM(edited)
Any tips? Yeah! Focus on the Uber Ethereal. If he goes down, you win. At worst you should be down 3 guys, which should leave you with 3 others ... more than enough to finish the job if they're all high ranking soldiers with top-notch equipment (which they should be, by that point).
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.
#4SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 10/22/2012 9:12:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5sfcalimariPosted 10/22/2012 9:12:47 PM
You only need to kill the main ethereal, after you do that all the other enemies just die. At least on normal, it's pitifully easy. You can move your troops to the first piece of cover in the room without triggering the enemies. Get your guys on or near that cover without triggering the enemies, and get your snipers set up--hopefully you have two. Then run an assault guy or support guy forward to reveal the enemies. You could use a heavy with a shredder rocket to soften up the chief ethereal, then have your snipers shoot with headshot, then have your other guys finish it off. The end.
---
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090811173319/capcomdatabase/images/5/56/SakuraDance.gif
#6HobospartanPosted 10/22/2012 9:19:01 PM
As long as you have a sniper who doesn't suck and some guys to spot for him, you should be able to clear it in a couple turns. At least on normal.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
#7HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 9:26:17 PM
meowmeowbobo posted...
take a shiv with you?
that room is clearable with a sniper and someone to scout with. mindless shiv is a good choice.

SHIVs are bugged, at least on the XBOX 360 version. I build them and they have no weaponry, and one of my Alloy SHIVs is in my barracks but doesn't even have a form...it's just not there.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#8The DeadpoolPosted 10/22/2012 9:29:17 PM
On my latest play through, I shot a rocket into him, then my 104 Will (Plus Psi Armor and Mind Shield) hit him with the Storm, then Ghost Run and Gun in and Rapid Fire...

The Ethereals didn't spawn until the Running and Gunning...
---
Being single is a balance between loneliness and happiness. You're lonely right before going to sleep and happy the rest of the day...
#9jfinney66Posted 10/22/2012 10:19:14 PM
I had everyone sitting outside the room on overwatch, sent in my support and then ran back out again once I saw how many etherals there was.

They came running and mind controlled my psi armor guy and my support, I thought it was all over. I then run and gunned one of the controllers and only had one guy mind controlled.

With my last move I run and gunned blindly into where I thought they where at, I ended up beside the boss and then rapid fired him into oblivion, didn't even realise at the time that would end the game..
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
#10BackgroundCreepPosted 10/22/2012 10:24:04 PM
Just made everyone in your team wear ghost armor, bunch up before going in the room. Everybody, except your chosen one, activate ghost armor, dash in and get in position. Next turn, activate ghost again, kill anything you want or go straight for uber.

I expect more from this so-called last boss/room after read so many topics about this final section. But, well, kinda disappointed though