Best class in your opinion?

#1ExtraspectrePosted 10/29/2012 7:17:59 AM(edited)
A fully geared and leveled sniper imo.

I have two of them with plasma snipers, arch-angel armor, squad sight and double tap. "Snake Eyes" my primary has over 70 confirmed kills and I use him pretty regularly to destroy muton elites and sectopods.

Following them I like Heavies for their ability to fire twice and carry so much explosive fire-power(up to 4 blaster launchers rockets, shredder and normal, and 2 alien grenades ).
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#2SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/29/2012 7:08:19 AM(edited)
A fully leveled sniper is the best, but before that point, Assaults are better as they level up.

The others have their uses though too, but mostly, they exist to make Assaults and Snipers better.
---
I used to be perplexed at all the hate that D3 got until I realized that the series is the western equivalent of Final Fantasy and the fanbase hasn't caught on.
#3Kaezar_KazePosted 10/29/2012 7:12:44 AM
Whatever class I'm using at the moment.
---
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,
"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."
#4mrolympia78Posted 10/29/2012 7:45:47 AM
a colonel sniper is just beastly, nothing can touch them. That being said you can't make a squad out of 6 snipers. Supression (support class) + flush (assault class) is just fun against cheap enemies. Hey, cyberdisks are cheap. Cheap enemies deserve cheap tactics. Heavies have their place, they're good for taking out enemy cover and shredder rocket is handy for tough bad guys.
---
Wanted: University of Iowa athletic director and head football coach. Any competent individual may apply. Started: 9/22/12
#5Pal 080Posted 10/29/2012 7:49:26 AM
I enjoy snipers, high damage, awesome accuracy and grapple hooking all over da place, boo yea.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#6ZorlondPosted 10/29/2012 8:00:14 AM
I like Heavies, if only because they're the only class with any real flexibility. Other than one or two skill choices, all of the other classes really only work with one particular build. A Heavy can be a rocketeer or a gunner, and both bring useful things to the table.
#7icewind0123Posted 10/29/2012 8:04:27 AM
All the classes have their uses, so a mix is typically the best option.

However, when asked which one would be hardest to give up, I'd have to go with my snipers.
They're garbage at the lower ranks, but a few key promotions later, and they're basically dominating the entire battlefield with twice the kills of anyone else.
---
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."
~Oscar Wilde
#8molnarfilipPosted 10/29/2012 9:33:20 AM
I love supports for their extra move and the second inventory spot.
ofc the sniper is the best at killing enemies.

Right now my squad consist of 2 Snipers (strangely they both have the same last name - epic combo of sniper brothers) 2 Heavies (both with suppresion and bullet swarm - they can shoot and pin down their targets) and two supports (medics with suppresive fire)

This is my favourite squad composition so far. I tried to incorporate assaults, but supports just work better for me. I value my units and hate to lose them, 4 units with suppression and 6 heals keep my squad alive. The two snipers have both double tap that means 4 shots per turn, which kills pretty much everything and if not my heavies both have their rockets.

For me the 2 supports are the ones I could not live without. I could exchange any other unit for an assault if I wanted (2 if I took 1 snpier and 1 heavy).
#9BioDragoonPosted 10/29/2012 9:45:41 AM
I've only played Classic non-Ironman and I haven't even beaten the game yet (though I'm getting close on this playthrough). My primary squad looks like this:

Assault (shotgun)
Assault (rifle)
Support
Support
Sniper
Sniper

I really love having the extra scouting and smoke capabilities with my Supports. Admittedly, I don't really use them much for Medikits, but I'm sure that will change when I'm past Classic. I don't like Heavies because I haven't used explosives at all based on the fear-conditioning about blowing up valuable resources, but again, I'm sure this will change once I'm out of Classic.

If the mission is partially indoors (e.g., UFO crash), I will usually lose one of those snipers for a Heavy for the sake of carrying around a beefy suppression meatball.
---
¸,«¤º°°º¤»,¸ ¸,«¤º°°º¤»,¸ ~~ALL YOUR BASE~~ ¸,«¤º°°º¤»,¸ ¸,«¤º°°º¤»,¸
°º¤»,¸ ¸,«¤º°°º¤»,¸ ¸,«¤º°ARE BELONG TO US°º¤»,¸ ¸,«¤º°°º¤»,¸ ¸,«¤º°
#10BhelliumPosted 10/29/2012 10:29:57 AM(edited)
All of them, they all have a vital purpose.
That said, Assaults are by far the hardest to use properly (as anything but disposable point blank shots anyways) on higher difficulties, and Squad Sight snipers the easiest.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference