"Disabling Shot" or "Battle Scanner"

#1garavelPosted 10/29/2012 9:52:05 AM(edited)
I so can't choose this one. I want them both!
This is like the hardest choice I came across so far.
Which one do you guys prefer and why?
#2KroguysPosted 10/29/2012 9:51:49 AM
I used to pick Scanner without a thought. Lately tho, I've been going with Disabling Shot. It makes Alien captures a lot less painful.
#3ChronoReversePosted 10/29/2012 9:54:07 AM
Disabling Shot. Battle Scanner encourages poor tactics overall and your Sniper really should be Squadsighting from two screens away.
#4Priss_LancePosted 10/29/2012 9:58:59 AM
I normally just rank up two Snipers and give them one of each. My Squad Sight Sniper gets Disabling Shot because they're not expected to get into the range to throw a Battle Scanner, whereas on the other hand a Snap Shot Sniper can.
---
"Warriors of fate, you shall dance bravely. Use your golden wings, and fly to the skies. "
#5Axe_GaijinPosted 10/29/2012 10:41:25 AM
Once you start getting enemies that can use Mind Control, you'll wish you'd taken Disabling Shot.

Also the more you play the more you'll learn the maps and what possible places the Aliens might be hiding, making the Scanner little more then a "Nice Gadget" IMHO. ;)
#6EdalborezPosted 10/29/2012 10:48:35 AM(edited)
Axe_Gaijin posted...
Once you start getting enemies that can use Mind Control, you'll wish you'd taken Disabling Shot.

DS doesn't disable abilities, psionics, melee, or grenades. Or Sectopods. At all.
#7SevynePosted 10/29/2012 11:19:12 AM
Edalborez posted...
Axe_Gaijin posted...

DS doesn't disable abilities, psionics, melee, or grenades. Or Sectopods. At all.

He means that it's handy for disabling your own unit's weapon if it's mind controlled and you can't score a kill on the enemy doing it before the turn is up.
#8EdalborezPosted 10/29/2012 11:21:00 AM
^ Ah. Fair enough. Thought didn't cross my mind.
#9DerekLoffinPosted 10/29/2012 11:26:35 AM
Don't worry, whichever one you choose, if you're anything like me, you'll inevitably find you want the other one :).
---
--
I am power made flesh, feel how weak you truly are. --Akuma
#10SevynePosted 10/29/2012 11:31:04 AM
DerekLoffin posted...
Don't worry, whichever one you choose, if you're anything like me, you'll inevitably find you want the other one :).

Haha! Yeah, kind of. I favor DS more, but I actually keep one sniper with BS. I find I don't use BS too much though since I keep my snipers pretty far back and just rely on Squadsight. However, even in most cases I can kill an enemy who is using mind control and therefore don't always need disabling shot either. DS still edges out BS for me though.