Flags, what are they good for, absolutely nothing!

#1SandFishPosted 12/7/2012 5:37:42 PM
I just see them as a way to discriminate. I get that if an alien invader comes and attacks Earth, it would be ideal if all countries and all races just band together to fight them off, but it is more ideal if they all joined under one flag.

Anyways, now I just feel like recruiting only women from English-speaking country/flags. English because the voices would make sense since they all speak with English "accents". Women because that's a personal preference.

It is a pain though to waste so much money recruiting, then dismissing the majority of them.
---
You are selfish, an idle fish.
#2xfyrenxPosted 12/7/2012 5:56:21 PM
Pretty sure you can get a mod that makes you choose the gender and country of new recruits.
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#3jivebeaverPosted 12/8/2012 12:21:40 AM
i immediately dismiss any soldiers with the israeli flag
#4jepaanPosted 12/8/2012 10:42:53 AM
I think it's rather nice. Even though they all have generic American accents, it does provide some kind of depth.
---
-
#5iwasapoetoncePosted 12/8/2012 4:33:19 PM
To TC

They do not have English accents. They have American accents. Even those from UK have American accents.
---
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg
#6GreenSnake85Posted 12/8/2012 4:45:11 PM
I've had a women-only team before, but it's kinda boring and a pain in the ass, they just don't seem to spawn at the same rate men do.

And at least the facial hair men get sets them apart. The women have no make-up or anything, so they all look exactly alike.

The flags, I usually just forget about them. I rename all my soldiers to friends and colleagues, so I all just consider them to be Dutch.
#7stklPosted 12/8/2012 5:00:22 PM
I dismiss men, I have an army of women. For some reason I always believe that my heavies are butch lesbians. >.>
#8CleenePosted 12/8/2012 5:08:14 PM
My team is always all women. It adds some spice to the otherwise generic soldiers (since they're all stat clones). Could have used more specialization, though -- their hairstyles all look similar, and one of the women's hairs has a graphical bug that causes it to explode.

As for flags, read the "tips" that appear when you load the game. One of the tips is "pay attention to the country which provides experienced soldiers". I have a feeling that some countries are more likely to give soldier rewards (for successful terror missions) than others. I never paid attention, though, because I go for engineer rewards than soldier rewards. Besides, I have an all women team, and soldier rewards are random.

If it really bothers you, there's a mod that changes all flags to the X-com logo.
#9SandFish(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:03:24 AM
Why do people mention what mods can do without actually saying what the name of the mod is, how or where to get it, etc.?
---
You are selfish, an idle fish.
#10xfyrenxPosted 12/9/2012 8:34:53 AM
Why do people mention what mods can do without actually saying what the name of the mod is, how or where to get it, etc.?

http://xcom.nexusmods.com/

Have fun.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier