Which continent has the best Base bonus?

#1VixenofVenusPosted 10/9/2012 12:40:19 PM
I'm trying to choose between Africa (for the extra 30% income) or Europe (for the 50% reduction in Workshop/Lab costs and maintenance) ...
---
Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit Middlearth.
You think you have lag? It took Jesus three days to respawn!
#2Daedralord9Posted 10/9/2012 12:48:18 PM
Between the two, I'd pick Europe.
---
"They're the Mojave's equivalent to the French Army": jreed1337 on the Powder Gangers
PSN/GT: daedralord9
#3danthechanPosted 10/9/2012 1:20:20 PM
sounds like they are all different enough to make multiple playthroughs fun. according the the experts on the 2k site the continent (south america i think) with the instant r & d can be the most powerful.
#4jcarey72Posted 10/9/2012 1:21:07 PM
IGN's review said North America
---
TK JEDI
#5NYmasajistaPosted 10/9/2012 7:38:17 PM
I started in Africa for the more monthly money.
#6vinny171873Posted 10/9/2012 7:41:55 PM
Got the guide for free, recommends N.A. or Africa.
---
Capital punishment has proven to be a great deterent to future crime...not one single person has ever committed a repeat crime after being executed.
#7Darth VengerPosted 10/14/2012 5:08:43 AM
It really depends. The extra 30% cash sounds good, but can be eaten up by the increased workshop costs. Also, worst comes to worst, you can start selling off stuff.

I think the instant interrogations would be the least useful. Autopsies and interrogations are generally short, so making them shorter isn't that big of a deal. The aircraft bonuses for North America are good, but I decided to take my chances since UFO's only come around every once and while.

That left engineers / workshops. I played for around 10 hours before restarting. During that playthrough, engineers and alloy seemed to be where the biggest R & D bottleneck occured. I either didn't have enough alloys or engineers to make something. Since you get engineers from workshops, I decided to go with that bonus.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#8SparkItUpPosted 10/14/2012 5:33:39 AM
Darth Venger posted...
It really depends. The extra 30% cash sounds good, but can be eaten up by the increased workshop costs. Also, worst comes to worst, you can start selling off stuff.

I think the instant interrogations would be the least useful. Autopsies and interrogations are generally short, so making them shorter isn't that big of a deal. The aircraft bonuses for North America are good, but I decided to take my chances since UFO's only come around every once and while.

That left engineers / workshops. I played for around 10 hours before restarting. During that playthrough, engineers and alloy seemed to be where the biggest R & D bottleneck occured. I either didn't have enough alloys or engineers to make something. Since you get engineers from workshops, I decided to go with that bonus.

^ exactly this.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMaycNcPsHI Carve your name into my arm.Instead of stressed,I lie here charmed.Cuz theres nothing else to do.Every you,every me
#9DragenPosted 10/14/2012 6:17:33 AM
Once you have total satellite coverage over a continent, you'll get it's bonus, so it's just a question of which bonus you want first. Early on, I like the 30% money bonus.
---
(\/) Read Gold Digger every month
( 'o')
#10raven077Posted 10/14/2012 6:36:36 AM
I like Africa, the extra money in the beginning really helps you jump start your satellite program and get it up and going. Currently on the third game after playing with NA first then Europe and so far I'm doing much better with Africa.

It'd of scrambling to keep ontop of panic levels I've been able to be very choosy about what missions I pick. It's nice to be able to have a surplus of cash too. Granted I've been lucky with knocking down a few large UFOs early. (the extra cash let me build up a nice bank of interceptors in every hangar) and the damaged parts have netted me quite a bit of bankroll.
---
Like a Boss!