What Is Iron Man Mode?

#1ibMurph2488Posted 10/11/2012 11:18:45 AM
I keep reading about people doing this Iron Man mode but don't recall ever seeing this option. I started my first game on normal and am playing through that right now and plan on tackling classic after but I feel I too want to be an Iron Man.
#2chasingmaynardPosted 10/11/2012 11:23:20 AM
Only one save file, and it is an auto-save.
#3Talon5967Posted 10/11/2012 11:57:29 AM(edited)
When you select difficulty, there is a box marked Advanced Options. Click that, and Iron Man mode will pop up, along with enabling the tutorial.

Iron Man mode gives you only a single autosave file, as opposed to the several you normally have.

Edit: Wouldn't mean anything if you could use multiple manual save files.

Playing normal, I use two: one before starting a mission (in case my squad setup is totally wrong for the mission), and one right at the beginning (in case the mission goes bad very early).
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#4ibMurph2488(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 11:33:50 AM
Ahh gotcha, I've more or less been iron manning it anyways then, only on my last mission did I restart it after my max ranked sniper didn't make it cause without him I've got no one and my world is on the brink of utter chaos. Will definitely do the iron man on my classic play through though, love the challenge of this game!
#5Yuccadude87Posted 10/11/2012 11:35:40 AM
I'm only pretty sure, but I don't think you get to save at all while using Iron Man mode. The game should autosave and that's your only save in that game.
---
H-He's like a bear! He's like a big shaved bear that hates people! - The Scout
#6nesrtkfanPosted 10/11/2012 11:36:54 AM
still havent played but, you can still manually save the game in iron man mode? and about only one autosave, does that mean in missions the game automatically creates a new autosave past checkpoints?

not understanding the iron man challenge when you can save manually
#7AkaimizuPosted 10/11/2012 11:42:37 AM(edited)
It means that after the actions, it autosaves, and you can't reload a previous save. The idea is. No take backs. I think that was the idea. Not sure if it really works or not.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#821_Schizoid_ManPosted 10/11/2012 1:58:48 PM
It saves after every single move. Walking, taking cover, researching, everything.
---
me, me, me....and you you you you.....god only knows it's not what we would choose...to do.