Squad Sight...

#1calinksPosted 10/13/2012 4:34:40 PM
Is it supposed to be where anyone that any squad mate sees, can been seen and shot at by the sniper? There have been many times where I swore my Sniper could not hit someone others see.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/1609a9h.gif
"If you can eat your food while everyone else is losing theirs and blaming you, you straight, homie." -Big Smoke
#2Rhett817Posted 10/13/2012 4:37:40 PM
It works just like that, but the sniper itself has to be able to draw line of sight to the enemy in question.
#3SparkItUpPosted 10/13/2012 4:40:26 PM
Rhett817 posted...
It works just like that, but the sniper itself has to be able to draw line of sight to the enemy in question.

^ this...the Squad Sight doesn't make the sniper have magical bullets that zigzag around trees or structures...you still need an unobstructed flight path for the bullet, laser, or plasma to travel in order for you to be able to fire.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMaycNcPsHI Carve your name into my arm.Instead of stressed,I lie here charmed.Cuz theres nothing else to do.Every you,every me
#4richternjPosted 10/13/2012 4:48:58 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Rhett817 posted...

^ this...the Squad Sight doesn't make the sniper have magical bullets that zigzag around trees or structures...you still need an unobstructed flight path for the bullet, laser, or plasma to travel in order for you to be able to fire.

For shots chosen by the player, yes. Overwatch/Reaction Fire seems to play entirely by its own rules. In cases of reaction fire, sometimes your snipers will fire from halfway across the map, through just about everything. That -might- be why there's an aim penalty on reaction shots. I just watched my two snipers on the roof blast apart a sectoid that snuck into the building they were standing atop when my rearguard spotted him. Was kind of funny.
#5Rhett817Posted 10/13/2012 4:54:28 PM
richternj posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Rhett817 posted...

For shots chosen by the player, yes. Overwatch/Reaction Fire seems to play entirely by its own rules. In cases of reaction fire, sometimes your snipers will fire from halfway across the map, through just about everything. That -might- be why there's an aim penalty on reaction shots. I just watched my two snipers on the roof blast apart a sectoid that snuck into the building they were standing atop when my rearguard spotted him. Was kind of funny.

For some reason, if snipers with squad sight are on overwatch when you "discover" an alien, they can shoot it.... through every solid wall in-between....
#6abcefurPosted 10/13/2012 5:31:34 PM
Snipers on Overwatch are like aliens in Terror missions: they be breakin' all the rules.

But yes, the Sniper needs line of sight to have a shot, but as long as he does... it's hunting season.

Seriously, on maps that are mostly outdoors, if you have a sniper up high with this, he's godly.
---
A fantasy writer uses logic the same way a drunk man uses a lamp post; for support, not illumination.
#7Doubleglock18Posted 10/13/2012 7:22:44 PM
i gotta say though its hilarious to have 4 guys on overwatch blasting away at some foolish enemy that moved, have ALL of them miss, then see the sniper headshot the poor mook.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#8BhelliumPosted 10/14/2012 2:02:25 AM
too bad it doesn't always work
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference