Greatest Soldier in your Xcom history?

#1calinksPosted 10/16/2012 11:50:03 PM
I have two that spring to mind. First was a game named Redshirt I made in the original Xcom. Made him as fodder, the first guy to go through a door, the first guy to go around a corner. He never died and wound up being one hell of a soldier. He is now my go to guy. The exact same scenario came about with a soldier in this game named BK Fool. Born to be expendable, turned into a legend.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/1609a9h.gif
"If you can eat your food while everyone else is losing theirs and blaming you, you straight, homie." -Big Smoke
#2_henry14_Posted 10/17/2012 12:29:11 AM
my sniper Jackson in this game is just outrageous (anyone get the name reference?). Squad sight makes him an absolute beast, especially when he's on elevated ground. Ellen Ripley (assault) is also taking some names. She's always at the front and nearly been killed 3 times, she seems indestructable
---
GAMERTAG:v ACE RIMMER v
#3MechaEspioPosted 10/17/2012 1:16:48 AM
Colonel Leonard Church. A sniper who has missed a grand total of one shot in his entire career. A reaction shot before he got the perk that removes the aim penalty. Also Major Sarge "Sarge" Sergeant, the patron saint of shotgun to the face at point blank range.
---
"I am death come for thee! Surrender and thy passage shall be . . . quicker."
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/MechaEspio.png
#4nableetPosted 10/17/2012 1:45:27 AM
Colonel Ben "Running Man" Richards.

A sniper averaging 5 kills per mission! He is a beast, and I love him.
#5ShmickMofoPosted 10/17/2012 2:24:52 AM
MechaEspio posted...
Colonel Leonard Church. A sniper who has missed a grand total of one shot in his entire career. A reaction shot before he got the perk that removes the aim penalty. Also Major Sarge "Sarge" Sergeant, the patron saint of shotgun to the face at point blank range.

I made a Church sniper as well and true to form, he missed every shot until he met his demise with a grenade by his feet.
---
I am as serious as a juicy batch of AIDS- SkunkySkunk
#6BhelliumPosted 10/17/2012 3:43:26 AM
Tough call, so many beasts. About half my favorites in this game turned out to be Psionic too.

Going to go with the original Psychic badass, Pierre LeFavre. 95% Psi Resistence after training, base 60 TUs, 60 Aim, 30 Strength, balling throwing accuracy, 60 Bravery. He was unstoppable when he made Commander, I actually killed off the previous holder just so he could take her spot. Also because she was being mind controlled, but mostly so he could take her spot.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#7JakeS1196Posted 10/17/2012 5:54:55 AM
I have 2 from the original X-COM. Virgil Galahger and Nick Jones. They were on my first sqaud and they survived countless battles and injuries and were there leading my team for the final assault. I always kept restarting my new games till I had those 2 in my original sqaud after that.
#8KaneOfShadowsPosted 10/17/2012 6:35:52 AM
nableet posted...
Colonel Ben "Running Man" Richards.

A sniper averaging 5 kills per mission! He is a beast, and I love him.

Here is Sub-Zero. Now, plain zero!
#9Cosmic MayhemPosted 10/17/2012 9:18:37 AM
^
Awesome reference.

My top dog was always Robert Sharpe from the original XCOM. Just an average joe that I never renamed. Top notch accuracy that would rarely miss. He never panicked and had a very strong mind. I never saved and loaded during missions and he surived from start to finish as my main guy. He was mortally wounded on many occasions. I recall one time where he got downed by a Muton and I stuffed his unconscious body in someone's backpack and evacuated the mission to save his life. Even left 2 guys behind! XD
---
-\o_o/-
#10d1sPosted 10/17/2012 11:04:21 AM(edited)
Henri Luget - TFTD; New Recruit. Took him on a dreadnought mission to help him cut his teeth since I was pretty far along in the game and wanted to get all my guys leveled up before end game. Lobstermen took 2 shots from the sonic cannon to kill (most powerful non-explosive weapon in the game), and even that would sometimes not killed them just render them unconscious.

A lobsterman with a sonic rifle has a line of sight on one of my aquanauts caught out in the open with no time units. No one else on my team has enough TU, or is close enough to even try and do anything. Despite being a new recruit, I've equipped Henri with magnetic ion armor that allows the soldier to "float" to different levels while underwater. I elevate him as high as he could go but by that point I only had enough time units left for an inaccurate snap shot; about 15% chance to connect. This is X-Com, so I know that the shot will never connect. Henri is more than halfway across the map. This is a dreadnought mission so those of you that have played TFTD know just how large the f'n map was. It also took 2 shots to down/kill a lobsterman and Henri only had enough TU for 1. It was a lost cause. We all know that it was. But in my mind, in the reality of the mission, it went like this:

- Aquanaut: ****! Enemy contact! I'm caught in the open! I'm bingo on ammo! I repeat, I am bingo on ammo!
- Squad leader: Grab cover! Hunker down! We're en route! All units, move to support. Transport, prep for immediate evac of critically wounded!
- Aquanaut: Oh god! Please help me! I don't wanna die!
- Squad leader: You're not gonna to die! We're coming to you! Does anyone have eyes on her position?
- Aquanaut 2: Negative! We're spread too thin.
- Henri Luget: Luget here. Going vertical.
- Squad leader: Luget? Seaman Luget! Hold your position. Do not go vertical! I repeat! Do not go vertical! Stay in cover. I say again, stay in cover.
- Henri Luget: I'm vertical. I've got eyes on. Negative on the shellhead. Tell me where he is.
- Aquanaut: 12 meters north of my position.
- Henri Luget: I'm seeing black.
- Squad Leader: Seaman Luget! Stand down! We are en route
- Henri Luget: Going loud

Back to reality, I took the shot. 15% snap shot from across the map. It connected. And then the lobsterman fell over dead. From a single shot. Luget was my point man from then on.

edited for typos
---
http://tinyurl.com/83hpvh7
Currently playing: No one gives a ****.