Upgrading development trait... worth the XP?

#1NessEggmanPosted 9/7/2012 1:08:03 AM
So I just started a new CC after my TE was a failure. I'm doing a QB this time and wondering how to spend my XP. Is it worth it to just not develop at all until I can save up the 50k for the development upgrade from normal to quick? It seems like it would make my development better for the entire career, but it will take forever to get there considering I only seem to be able to get ~2k/week if I get all the weekly bonus things.

Or should I just be slowly leveling up my parameters? Is there any way to make a created player and start with a higher development trait than Normal?
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#2anitahanjobPosted 9/7/2012 8:50:47 AM
I saved up the 50k on my rb to see how much more xp progression upgrade offered. Saved game before I did so. I was not impressed with the small increase in xp. Seemed to be roughly about a 15% increase of "some" of the rewards. A few attributes were only "slightly" cheaper. After not being impressed, I reloaded save and spent the 50k on more concrete upgrades. I could be wrong, but seemed to be a waste of xp.
---
PSN- Snackzilla
#3SSJ2_WookiePosted 9/7/2012 9:11:09 PM
I havent used it yet, but i did see there are 2 upgrade levels. Quick is first then after quick there is Superstar...maybe the latter is more significant but not sure.
---
PSN: XtremeDreamer11
#4NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 6:55:48 PM
So has anyone determined if this is worth saving up your XP to purchase? I feel like it will take a long time to afford it, so I don't know if it would be better just to ignore it alltogether. I don't want to go too far in my offline career because I'm worried abou this lol.

(Also, today I finally started to win a ranked HTH match and the other guy forfeited -_-)
---
#5anitahanjobPosted 9/19/2012 5:06:53 AM
After testing some more, yes it is worth it. Fyi start a new career with gameface and you will have progression start at the quick level and practices give 50 to 250% more xp(depending on practice type). I restarted after 2.5 seasons and a 91 rating.
---
PSN- Snackzilla
#6NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 11:03:06 AM
But starting with it doesn't mean its worth the 50k XP. And I started with gameface and didn't start at the quick level?? I started with normal. Maybe it has to do with the story and player type you choose?
---