I suck at recruiting. Tips?

#1TotalDominAsianPosted 7/11/2012 10:43:31 AM
Playing as Purdue... But I'm completely clueless about recruiting. I'm about ti restart my franchise, but how do you guys do the recruiting? Only target interested prospects? How many hours do you scout each for?
---
Close your eyes and dream... Then open your eyes and see.
#2manbearpig89Posted 7/11/2012 10:59:51 AM
all i know is that i went to xbox360achievements.org and found the NCAA 13 achievement guide and roadmap and in the beginning of the guys guide he gives instructions on how to set-up your dynasty for achievements and 1 of those is for recruiting...

i have no idea how the whole recruiting thing works either but after following his steps i could care less now hhahaha
#3Frosty00004Posted 7/11/2012 11:01:48 AM
Only target those who are interested in you, dont recruit more than 15-20 guys at a time...once you have commits, add on recruits who are not recieving interest from other school.

Thats the simple version....detailed version is out there somewhere im sure
#4Jack_PackodgePosted 7/11/2012 11:14:04 AM
Target those in-state prospects first, then work your pipeline states. I only target 10 guys give each guy and hour and throw them a scholarship offer immediately to get a nice jump on the competition. If you notice the other schools are not recruiting them and their interest in you is green, cut their recruiting time to 30 mins and start recruiting someone else.
#5TotalDominAsian(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 11:45:01 AM
What about scouting? Do you just use all your hours on 3 stars to find gems since you'll be recruiting the 4/5 stars anyways? Even if they're busts, their ratings should still be higher, right?
---
#6spik56Posted 7/11/2012 12:12:14 PM
TotalDominAsian posted...
What about scouting? Do you just use all your hours on 3 stars to find gems since you'll be recruiting the 4/5 stars anyways? Even if they're busts, their ratings should still be higher, right?

That actually sounds like a solid idea.

If you ever need to make a decision on two players who perhaps appear to be equals then I would scout the two and just focus on whichever has the better stats. That sounds kind of obvious but that's what it's there for!
#7wwesniperPosted 7/11/2012 12:41:35 PM
guys who have you in their top 3 don't need a lot of work.

the AI likes to go heavy after defense and O-line.

I find the hardest guys to recruit personally are centers and linebackers.

So:

If you get a recruit who has you at the top 3 of schools. take a looksee at how far you're behind on that prospect and who is infront of you.

Protip: If it's a 3 star or less prospect and the schools ahead of you are like Bama and LSU, don't spend a lot of time on them because the AI will completely ignore them.

just put like 20-40 minutes on prospects that have you pretty high.

You spend your large chunks of time on prospects you absolutely need or you have to fight for.

Protip: the most time you spend on prospects the faster you get their bar to fill, the faster that bar fills the faster you get to the visits and the faster you get to a commit.

Protip: If you see a 4 star guy 4-5 weeks down the road and he's not been touched, He's probably a bust. this doesn't apply to centers or Linebackers though, the AI loves them.

Protip: Athletes don't seem to get noticed very much in this years game, I picked up a 4star athlete who happened to be a 69 overall but was a 75 overall when position swapped to FS.

Everyother FS who was 75 or higher at 4-star was gobbled up by week 6. this athlete didn't get any attention from anyone but me.

Basically, you start with people you're interested with, you throw small chunks of time at them and monitor them closely, if you see them slip, someone else is going after them and it's time to fight.

Use your large chunks of time to go after needs or really really want recruits.

It's easy. I'm playing as Marshall, and If I can recruit 4* recruits, than so can you.
---
Shot through the knee and you're to blame! You give adventuring a bad name!
#8TotalDominAsian(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 1:21:20 PM
Thanks for all the pro tips! Got another question, I've got an A+ difficulty schedule. I just lost a super close game to #1 Alabama. Does that hurt my recruiting grades like program strength or do only wins matter?
---
#9ionaroc61Posted 7/11/2012 1:21:39 PM
I always recruit 35 people at a time. Guys with high interest I quick call for 10 minutes, and add time for guys with lower interest. I try and go for people who are interested and then maybe 3 or 4 complete studs who aren't. I give these guys 30-60 minute phone calls until they are more intrigued. As far as scouting, I've used 10 minutes on guys with low ratings, and the guys with the highest ratings.
---
Romo- Better than your quarterback (especially if ur a patriots fan)
#10BigTlovesBEERPosted 7/11/2012 2:12:09 PM
TotalDominAsian posted...
Thanks for all the pro tips! Got another question, I've got an A+ difficulty schedule. I just lost a super close game to #1 Alabama. Does that hurt my recruiting grades like program strength or do only wins matter?

I THINK program strength comes from your rank and rank alone.