The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

are linebackers still crazy good in this game?

#1Algebra9Posted 7/28/2012 7:04:35 PM
Nothing more frustrating then a guy that can jump 10 feet in the air and intercept / block a pass
#2lalallaalalPosted 7/28/2012 7:27:58 PM
Yep. My linebacker gets 10 picks a game. He also gets 40 tackles and 10 sacks.
#3MoffatMugwePosted 7/30/2012 8:16:38 AM
Algebra9 posted...
Nothing more frustrating then a guy that can jump 10 feet in the air and intercept / block a pass

no they have toned it down, if you play efficiently (use the run to set up play-action) etc etc you don't have to worry about that. they don't jump 10feet high so you can complete those 10yard dig or "in" routes
---
GT: SFGx MoBlack 12
FIU Golden Panther
#4boyhitscar78Posted 7/30/2012 9:20:37 AM
they actually still have pretty decent vertical but now it isn't like '12 where they could be running one direction looking up field covering a TE only to stop on a dime, reverse pivot and jump full power to make a 1 handed INT on a WR running a dig 7 yards behind him...

I've had a few picks both by myself, CPU AI teammate and CPU AI opposing team where the LB was playing proper defense and made a dynamic INT or swat/breakup in a few instances. the lastest one I thought the LB was in a cover 2 but he kept dropping further into a deeper zone, I tried to float a pass over his head to a WR running a deep slant... the LB jumps up to make a dynamic INT as he lands on his back with the ball. I wasn't upset that it happened like I used to be in '12, I was both mad at myself for misreading his coverage and slightly impressed by the catch animation. his max jump caused him to lose his balance and land on his back rather then coming down running it back.
#5FlameLord23Posted 7/30/2012 9:31:59 AM
Yeah I think I've had more huge Int's from my backers than I've given up to theirs. Let's just say it may be annoying how good the defense can be at getting Int's in this game, but it's more realistic. I used to take down the pass defense and int's on 12, but now I don't have to. If anything they're too good on run defense.
---
Your argument is invalid because kumquats.
#6nuschler2212Posted 7/30/2012 3:35:07 PM
The LB and DE are both amazing at the run. Especially at the option.

They will break through blocks and seep through a line like water through something holey.

And, your blockers will help by letting them pass.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#7FlameLord23Posted 7/30/2012 9:37:48 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
The LB and DE are both amazing at the run. Especially at the option.

They will break through blocks and seep through a line like water through something holey.

And, your blockers will help by letting them pass.

ALL OF THIS!!!

So to answer your question: Yes, but now they're crazy good at the run instead of the pass.
---
Your argument is invalid because kumquats.