Do EA also have a contract with the NCAA

#1DaEdge614Posted 9/9/2012 4:56:24 PM
I know they got the NFL on lock but i always wondered why, 2K or some other company make a attempt at a college football game.

I just want to see more football games out.
---
I refuse to take this signature down until the
raiders win the superbowl
#2FlameLord23Posted 9/9/2012 6:42:11 PM
They do but it's set to expire soon. Not sure on the year, but it's going to expire. Hopefully we'll get better games.

Until recently 2K couldn't compete with EA for football. Didn't have the money to do it, so EA was able to buy the rights. Now with the NBA/MLB games doing well, 2K has the resources to compete and perhaps (hopefully) make a better game.
---
You! With the logic and facts! Stop it.
#3IlluminatusCUPosted 9/10/2012 7:56:47 AM
Supposedly they are forfeiting exclusivity as part of a class action lawsuit settlement.
---
NFLB's #1 Buffalo Bills fan.
#4boyhitscar78Posted 9/10/2012 9:01:43 AM
FlameLord23 posted...
They do but it's set to expire soon. Not sure on the year, but it's going to expire. Hopefully we'll get better games.

Until recently 2K couldn't compete with EA for football. Didn't have the money to do it, so EA was able to buy the rights. Now with the NBA/MLB games doing well, 2K has the resources to compete and perhaps (hopefully) make a better game.

uh no... 2k bailed on MLB this year because it is failing and not making money.

Take 2/ 2K has also continually over the years been cutting back on the sports side of their brand... I don't doubt for a second that if NBA2k were to drop in sales that they would sell that title off as well, but it won't drop so they won't drop it.

2k won't compete with EA in 2014 when the NCAA license is up because it would be a potential money sink, EA NCAA does not sell nearly as well as Madden does and for 2k to try and poach some of those sales numbers would be a waste of time and money.

Madden still will be able to sign another exclusive licensing deal with the NFL in a year so 2k wouldn't be able to touch that money.

lose-lose for 2k, who already have shown that they honestly want out of the sports title market.
#5FlameLord23Posted 9/10/2012 9:16:19 AM
They bailed on MLB? well then I'm glad I have a game, since that's the only company making baseball for 360. I can't believe that isn't making money.

Well a man can still dream. Who wants to help me with a start-up?
---
#6dley101Posted 9/14/2012 3:11:03 PM
Anyone play College Football 2k2 and 2k3? Those were some bad games. I dont think 2k will get back into the football game since they dont have a next gen engine and building one for this generation is not going to be profitable, but who knows. I loved all of the NFL 2k games so I would mind 2k getting back into football.
---
OK State, Steelers, Penguins and OKC Thunder
#7DaEdge614(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 4:41:48 PM
I think EA will have a total lock on football games until some company decide to take a chance and try something different. 2K buying out who ever made BackBreaker would be cool

I would love to see 2K try to make an High School football game. If they could accurately capture the feeling of a HS game and get a good create a team feature it could be the next big thing
---
I refuse to take this signature down until the
raiders win the superbowl
#8FlameLord23Posted 9/14/2012 8:31:36 PM
That would be almost literally impossible. With all the different teams, literally hundreds and thousands per state, plus the reason EA is giving up the exclusivity contract is over copyright issues at the college level. You would have as many players per state as are in the game now.
---
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#9scorpion41Posted 9/16/2012 6:52:00 AM
Just the threat of someone making a decent game that doesn't require 3 of 4 major patches to be fully "fixed" should make EA step up and do more quality control on their sports titles. As many good things as this title of NCAA has, there are an equal number of bad things...some of which break the game.
---
PSN: scorpion_4160/MK mains:Stryker,Reptile,Baraka
Mass Effect 3: Human Vanguard
#10userfrigginamePosted 9/17/2012 7:13:46 PM
2K would be able to make next year's game now that EA has given up exclusive rights to college football. However, it may take them a while till they're able to build up another football game, especially for college. 126 (I think) teams, 126 different venues, 70+ players per team. On top of that, Madden's a big household name among football fans. It's gonna be fairly risky to re-enter the market, especially if they bring back draft classes and rtg imports to madden.
More topics from this board...
Where is RG3?Johhny0Topside19/19 11:45AM