Draft Guide and Branching Story Lines

#1lotusfatherPosted 9/14/2012 10:19:28 PM
OK, I am making a draft guide this year as many of you know. The hardest thing about it is what I mentioned in the title. There are players with branching story lines, I will list some examples with the Konnor Shepard Draft:

QB, Konnor Shepard:

The first time I went through he had a great year, did well at the combine and at his pro day. He was then projected to go 1st overall and came out with star development and overalls between 82 and 87 depending on scheme.

The next time I went through he had a great year, did well at the combine but then was late for his pro day and hostile in the interviews. He was then projected to go 20th overall and cam out with fast development and overalls between 77 and 81.

HB, Armani Gray:

First time I went through he had a great year outside of a bad game where he fumbled 3 times. He was #2 in Heisman voting and was projected to go 6th overall. He came out with average development and overalls between 70 and 79.

Second time was almost exactly the same, except he came in at 6th in Heisman voting, and was very disappointed about it, and ended up being projected to go #15 overall. He came out with star development and overalls were a little lower than when he had average development (69 to 78).

FB, Nicolai Sokolov:

You can get a real curve ball with The Russian Bear. There is a chance he will convert to DE and stay there in the pros.
If he is a FB he has star development and mid to high 80's overalls. If he converts to DE he ends up with fast development and overalls from the 60's to the 80's.

There are other examples, all the players with commentary have story lines and can change depending on their final season in college. You can key off of their projected draft position though to try and figure what version you are getting.

Both times I went through the players without story lines were all exactly the same... Besides draft position being up or down a spot or two if one of the story line guys ended up nearer to them in the draft.

If anyone gets a player who has different ratings than I have posted in the draft, please post it here with as much info as you have so I can add it to the guide.
---
Here lies a toppled god His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal, A narrow and a tall one.
#2SteelPunk808Posted 9/14/2012 10:48:35 PM
Does this mean your Draft FAQ won't be consistent as the past Madden Draft guides were? These backstories seem to impact the player's performance and development.
#3spursdude13Posted 9/14/2012 11:04:59 PM
were is the guide located??? i cant find it
#4lotusfather(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 11:38:32 PM
SteelPunk808 posted...
Does this mean your Draft FAQ won't be consistent as the past Madden Draft guides were? These backstories seem to impact the player's performance and development.

Kind of I suppose, after I go through the drafts few times I will have them all in there. You guys will hopefully just have to scout development or something that is different from the other version of the player, that in tandem with the round he goes in should tell you what version you will be getting. And like I said before, the players with no story line are always the same.

spursdude13 posted...
were is the guide located??? i cant find it

Submitted it today, not sure when it will be up.
---
Here lies a toppled god His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal, A narrow and a tall one.