Can someone please tell me if there is a legit Franchise Mode in Madden 13????

#1uped145Posted 6/14/2012 1:27:11 PM
Even the exact same one from Madden 12 would be alright, but I don't want some watered down coach mode and I have no interest playing as a created player.
#2Celiria_RosePosted 6/14/2012 1:46:56 PM
the coach mode is a legit franchise mode. You still scout players, draft players, hire free agents, go through offseason, control your entire team, call plays, set up your depth chart, etc.

Coach mode is a legit franchise mode.
#3uped145(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 3:22:50 PM
the coach mode is a legit franchise mode. You still scout players, draft players, hire free agents, go through offseason, control your entire team, call plays, set up your depth chart, etc.

In the coach mode do you play as the Head Coach?? That wouldn't make sense to have the same coach for like 30 years, also what about team relocation and uniforms etc. The coach doesn't exactly have input on those.
#4Celiria_RosePosted 6/14/2012 3:33:18 PM
uped145 posted...

In the coach mode do you play as the Head Coach?? That wouldn't make sense to have the same coach for like 30 years, also what about team relocation and uniforms etc. The coach doesn't exactly have input on those.

yes you control a head coach. And yes he can coach for 30 years (which is not that unrealistic for a good coach.

Bill Walsh coached football for 28 years
Jim Mora coached for 40 years
Belicheck has been coach for 36 years

So a coach coaching for 30 years isn't that strange.

Along that period of time you can get fired and go to a new team (or you can turn off coach firing and stick with one team for the full 30 years). If you get tired of that coach you can retire him and start a new coach with a new team or even a player without restarting the entire 30 year league.

And no you can't relocate the team or change the uniforms but neither could past franchise modes. That kind of feature hasn't been in the game since owner mode years ago.
#5CM101PlayPosted 6/14/2012 4:01:06 PM
Couldn't you reloacte in Madden 12 Franchise in Front Office mode? It wasn't a big feature, so I sure as hell won't miss it, but I think you could do it.
---
"That was the best post ever." - kingkaze187 to CM101Play
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud put this as your sig!
#6Celiria_RosePosted 6/14/2012 4:02:13 PM
CM101Play posted...
Couldn't you reloacte in Madden 12 Franchise in Front Office mode? It wasn't a big feature, so I sure as hell won't miss it, but I think you could do it.

I don't remember seeing it but it is a minor feature so I could have just missed it. All I know is I don't remember it being there.
#7Foreman22Posted 6/14/2012 6:10:03 PM
Not in the traditional Madden sense. Someone got the bright idea to merge superstar mode and franchise mode together into something no one ask for called connected careers. You cannot edit players, one of Madden's most important features to many.
#8Glover33448Posted 6/14/2012 7:40:24 PM
Editing players doesn't make a mode a franchise mode. So you can't change the color of wrist tape on a guy, does that negate the franchise aspects of the mode?

Short of playing dress up with football avatars there is no legit reason to need to edit rosters. You wanna change a guy's name? That's purely cosmetic same as changing his clothes.

Part of the reason for this lockdown is the ability to play online or off. If you can edit players what's to prevent a guy from making a 99 overall team then joining a league? Or to keep him from moving everyone to kicker, signing them at league minimum, them moving them back?

Franchise mode is alive and well. Dress up and exploit mode is removed. Doesn't mean franchise is gone.
---
"Vampire Penguins...Zombie Guinea Pigs...We're done for!"
Some British Dude's Random Sleep Talk
#9Foreman22Posted 6/14/2012 7:45:41 PM
Part of the reason for this lockdown is the ability to play online or off. If you can edit players what's to prevent a guy from making a 99 overall team then joining a league? Or to keep him from moving everyone to kicker, signing them at league minimum, them moving them back?

You kidding right? You have played Madden on line franchise before right? You understand that you cannot do the crap you just pulled out of your behind. Editing player stats is an extremely important OFF line function just look at all the post that state this fact.
#10Glover33448Posted 6/14/2012 7:55:04 PM
Foreman22 posted...

You kidding right? You have played Madden on line franchise before right? You understand that you cannot do the crap you just pulled out of your behind. Editing player stats is an extremely important OFF line function just look at all the post that state this fact.

From what I understand part of connected careers is merging online and offline so that all options are the same. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought you were supposed to be able to join in progress leagues or something. I do know that EA claims EVERY feature is the same between online and offline modes.
---
"Vampire Penguins...Zombie Guinea Pigs...We're done for!"
Some British Dude's Random Sleep Talk