can you use a headset instead of kinect?

#1ballinoutactrlPosted 8/18/2012 3:25:15 PM
can you use the regular headset for voice commands of do you need to have the kinect
#2xTeKNiQuExPosted 8/18/2012 8:38:34 PM
No. The game wouldn't recognize the difference between party chat and voice commands
---
XBL - III TEK III, Detroit Lions (10-6)
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#3ballinoutactrl(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 8:43:57 PM
doesnt make much sense to me if its voice command then my headset should work thats just another way they try and get you to spend money on stuff like kinect
#4gatorsPENSbucsPosted 8/18/2012 9:15:25 PM
I don't understand the kinect with this game. One came with my XBox like 2 years ago and it's still in the box. You can use that with no mic? Seems strange.
---
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/dcarter703/jerseys3-1.png
Gators. Buccaneers. Heat. Phillies. Penguins.
#5ballinoutactrl(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 9:28:47 PM
im pretty sure all the kinect is used for is to pic up your voice commands in this game so why cant my mic just do that?
#6stnrbob2Posted 8/18/2012 11:32:55 PM
ballinoutactrl posted...
im pretty sure all the kinect is used for is to pic up your voice commands in this game so why cant my mic just do that?

Because then you won't have to buy a kinect and that feature was in madden 11; therefore, it's been removed in madden 13.
---
"Rob's butt still looks nicer than Skip's in that attire." - Leverage2015 discussing WWE
#7ballinoutactrl(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 11:39:21 AM
stnrbob2 posted...
ballinoutactrl posted...

Because then you won't have to buy a kinect and that feature was in madden 11; therefore, it's been removed in madden 13.

right lol
#8masterchefbkwPosted 8/19/2012 11:55:30 AM
ballinoutactrl posted...
can you use the regular headset for voice commands of do you need to have the kinect

No, the headset doesn't have the same capabilities as the Kinect. I'll get to that further down.

xTeKNiQuEx posted...
No. The game wouldn't recognize the difference between party chat and voice commands

That's logical, but that's not exactly the reason. You could theoretically set your headset to not talk to other players.

ballinoutactrl posted...
doesnt make much sense to me if its voice command then my headset should work thats just another way they try and get you to spend money on stuff like kinect

No actually. A lot of idiots make this claim online, so I'm assuming that's where you gathered your opinion, but that's not it. The reason games use only Kinect is because it's so easy to program for. As someone else mentioned, older Maddens had voice options via mic, however they were crappy and probably took weeks to program. Think of the Kinect as it's own separate hardware from the Xbox. You can program a voice command within minutes. Also, it's got pretty amazing technology in it; as far as audio I believe it has three different built-in microphones that are all miles better than the cheapo headset.

gatorsPENSbucs posted...
I don't understand the kinect with this game. One came with my XBox like 2 years ago and it's still in the box. You can use that with no mic? Seems strange.

I have a connect, but I'm not going to try to convince you it's necessary or anything. It's best use for me is voice commands for Netflix/Hulu. You can technically use it as your communicating microphone, however you can (and should) turn that feature off. A.) It's next to your tv and therefore will pick up all the volume coming from your tv and blast it into your fellow gamer's headset. and B.) if you have company and they speak everyone will hear them I was playing Fable 3 and couldn't figure out why random people were cussing me every time I got near them, then I realized the default setting on Kinect is to have the microphone active for communication. I have used the feature with M13 and it works well, but I've played so long I have the hot-route memorized and it's faster.