Coach mode this year???

#1kbb81tnPosted 8/21/2012 3:40:24 PM
So I haven't kept up with any news regarding Madden this year and I'm only interested in picking it up it has Coach Mode that is very similar or better than what NFL 2k5 had. I'm not getting into any which game is better battle. I just know for a fact that 2k's coach mode was solely calling plays and doing front office tasks. I don't want to control the players or even kicks/kicking meters. Madden's past coach modes have been a complete joke and I'm hoping it has changed dramatically for the better this year. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
---
When Jesus returns, it will be both wonderful and absolutely terrifying.
#2kbb81tn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 5:47:11 AM
Bump
---
#3Foreman22Posted 8/22/2012 6:02:11 AM
Notice how all the Madden fans have rushed to answer your question with glowing replies. What does that tell you?
#4kbb81tn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 11:28:02 AM
Not much of anything due to the fact that it is small minority that actually prefers to manage the game (coach, front office, etc) rather than control the players themselves.
---
#51stheadstrongPosted 8/22/2012 11:50:01 AM
Foreman22 posted...
Notice how all the Madden fans have rushed to answer your question with glowing replies. What does that tell you?

Because the games out and everything...
#6userfrigginamePosted 8/22/2012 11:54:03 AM
There is a coach mode, and I think there's been for a while. But anyway, being a coach u can call plays, then not press anything and just let the play unfold itself. U can also sim games entirely if u want to. Of course u have all the off-season tasks as usual with drafting, free agency, and hiring new staff. And u also gain XP thru completing goals which u can then use to for easier recruiting, increasing player attributes, etc. But what else do u want? I mean the only things so far that u asked for are being able to only call plays and perform off season tasks, and that's been in Madden. U have to explain the other stuff u want in the game.
#7kbb81tn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 1:14:12 PM
userfrigginame posted...
There is a coach mode, and I think there's been for a while. But anyway, being a coach u can call plays, then not press anything and just let the play unfold itself. U can also sim games entirely if u want to. Of course u have all the off-season tasks as usual with drafting, free agency, and hiring new staff. And u also gain XP thru completing goals which u can then use to for easier recruiting, increasing player attributes, etc. But what else do u want? I mean the only things so far that u asked for are being able to only call plays and perform off season tasks, and that's been in Madden. U have to explain the other stuff u want in the game.

Well I guess I made the mistake of assuming after 8 years that everyone was familiar with 2k's coach mode. In madden, you still have to perform and control kicks and snap the ball before the a.i. Performs it's job. I know at least since madden 02 that after the snap, if you do t touch the controls the a.i. kicks in and works for you. Then all of a sudden the past two couple years they add a gameplay option that claims to be coach mode when in fact it does the same thing it's always done as you stated. That's not a real coach mode. That's just "don't the control after the snap or you'll mess it up."

2k had a real coach mode (possibly like EA's Head Coach game but never dabbed into that) where on game day your only actions were to call timeouts, defensive audibles and adjustments, and of course select plays. You couldn't control a player if you wanted to in that mode no matter how much you touch the buttons on the controller.

That's what made it fun and challenging. Choosing players not necessarily on ratings but to fit your coaching style and watch it play out. Drafting and signing smart players made a world of a difference.
---
#8userfrigginamePosted 8/22/2012 1:34:47 PM
hmm, well i'm not sure why Madden hasn't put that feature in all the way. I mean it's pretty simple.
#9kbb81tn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:17:36 PM
Yeah those were my thoughts exactly. Clearly they don't care enough but come on, EA.
---
#10kbb81tn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 8:38:38 PM
so for those that have the game now, could you clarify the coach mode option? is it like last years or like ncaa's coach mode from last year?
---