Can someone explain the player "traits"?

#1CocoCostanzaPosted 9/30/2012 10:31:49 PM
So different positions have different traits...i.e. consistency for most positions, big hitter for defenders, predictability, etc.

What do each of these do? Does "big hitter" actually increase hit power, or does it lead to more forced fumbles or injuries, or what?

And consistency, I have no idea what that means. I guess that if you make a player more consistent, he will be less likely to F up on a play or something? How does that even work.

Another one - play ball trait. There is aggressive, conservative, and others, but I don't know what that means. For some reason, aggressive is bad and conservative is better, so I guess that aggressive means a defender is more likely to go for a pick and whiff or something, and conservative means he will be more likely to bat the ball away?

If anyone could provide a rundown of the traits that you know the meaning of, I think that would be helpful to me and others as well. Thanks!
---
Check out the BEST Podcast EVER - www.adamcarolla.com or on iTunes - The Adam Carolla Podcast
http://oi53.tinypic.com/5jz7ms.jpg
#2MaddMan999Posted 10/1/2012 10:15:54 AM
I searched and searched to find about that....everywhere!................... All I know, is that, whenever someone is asking about Traits, he won't get answers or another person will say that he doesn't know.

Many of those Traits seem to be for when you don't control the player (do they really work?); If they really do something on a player's AI, I don't know if they affect the said player when simming. Not talking about Traits like Big Hitter.......... I'll just buy those; I want my players to hit big so I'll put every chances on my side. I'm talking about Traits that refers to AI.... Even if I control a player, I want him to have the trait for if he moves to another team...... And, what if they really affect players during simulation (probably not, but...).

I buy them when I get the XP, but some of the ''upgrades'' available for certain players seem to be downgrades.... For exemple, QB Andrew Luck has the Force Pass Trait to IDEAL (this Trait reduces the chances to throw in a double coverage), but the upgrade to this Trait puts it to CONSERVATIVE. I also made a topic about the Tight Spiral Trait; QB who have it already can buy it again, but it will remove it from the unlocked Traits.

Poor job by EA on explaining the Traits and attributes (if someone has a link that explains those, I would appreciate a lot).
---
Signature
#3qbofthefuturePosted 10/1/2012 12:19:44 PM
I know that the higher consistancy rating makes your playyers attributes better when down by 8 or less or tied within the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter or OT.

Google madden 13 consistancy trait and there's a link to prove my answer
---
This won't change until the Cowboys win the superbowl!
#4MaddMan999Posted 10/1/2012 12:56:36 PM(edited)
qbofthefuture posted...
I know that the higher consistancy rating makes your playyers attributes better when down by 8 or less or tied within the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter or OT.

Isn't it the Clutch Trait that affects end of games:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2148/breaking-down-clutch-rating-in-madden-13

EDIT: And this is from the EA's manual (the 2 only Traits explained).

Consistency and Confidence
Two important traits in Madden NFL 13 are Consistency and Confidence. Consistency determines how likely a player is going to perform at a level close to their ratings, while Confidence determines how much a player’s ratings will change when their Consistency rating is taken into account.
In the offseason, players who have the potential to improve their Consistency or other traitshave a chance to progress those ratings.

Effects of Consistency
Players that enter a game on a hot or cold streak have increased or decreased ratings for that game. The amount they change depends on their Consistency rating.
Hot and Cold Streaks
If a player had a great game, they are on a hot streak and will have an icon show up next to them on the rosters and stats screens. If they play poorly, they’ll be on a cold streak and display that icon. If they have a decent to good game, they are given a confidence value reflecting that.
Players on a hot or cold streak can only stay on those streaks for a max of three games. For the fourth game, their confidence is reset to three stars.
---
Signature
#5masterchefbkwPosted 10/1/2012 2:22:21 PM
Most traits are only relevant if you're simming. Like "big hitter" just means the CPU will go for a hit-stick with your player. It doesn't do anything to your tackle/big-hit ratings (it's actually bad to have a big-hitter rating if you have a low tackle rating, because you'll miss a lot of tackles). The DE/OLB ones are similar I believe (Swim/bull-rush). If you're playing as the player and not simming you don't need to waste xp on them.

Also, clutch rating only works if your team is within 8 points, so unless you just need to blow 20000 xp away it's usually a waste. The only position I get clutch for is QB, because it effects the entire offense (OL, skill-players, and the QB), whereas every other position it only effects that player.

I spent about an hour trying to figure those stupid things out. They really need to be more clear on their descriptions for those things.
#6MaddMan999Posted 10/1/2012 2:42:23 PM
They really affect players during simulation, or just cpu players in games that you play (my teammates and the other team)?

I'd say during simulation too... maybe. yes.
---
Signature
#7qbofthefuturePosted 10/1/2012 3:57:08 PM
MaddMan999 posted...
qbofthefuture posted...

Isn't it the Clutch Trait that affects end of games:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2148/breaking-down-clutch-rating-in-madden-13

EDIT: And this is from the EA's manual (the 2 only Traits explained).

Consistency and Confidence
Two important traits in Madden NFL 13 are Consistency and Confidence. Consistency determines how likely a player is going to perform at a level close to their ratings, while Confidence determines how much a player’s ratings will change when their Consistency rating is taken into account.
In the offseason, players who have the potential to improve their Consistency or other traitshave a chance to progress those ratings.

Hahaha it is the clutch rating. I'm an idiot lol
Effects of Consistency
Players that enter a game on a hot or cold streak have increased or decreased ratings for that game. The amount they change depends on their Consistency rating.
Hot and Cold Streaks
If a player had a great game, they are on a hot streak and will have an icon show up next to them on the rosters and stats screens. If they play poorly, they’ll be on a cold streak and display that icon. If they have a decent to good game, they are given a confidence value reflecting that.
Players on a hot or cold streak can only stay on those streaks for a max of three games. For the fourth game, their confidence is reset to three stars.

Haha I am an idiot lol it is the clutch trait. Sorry I was at work typing really fast and not paying attention
---
This won't change until the Cowboys win the superbowl!