Apparently I'm a "*****-ass ***" because I don't onside kick every kick.

#21bowlofpeasPosted 10/4/2012 8:35:03 PM
there is no such thing as cheap. If you want to win you have to be able to adapt.
#22xraveneffectxPosted 10/5/2012 12:41:13 AM
Their is most certainly such a thing as cheap. People like your ruined online gaming.
---
Rated Unblockable
"Quoth the Raven, Nevermore" GT: Raven Pro
#23bowlofpeasPosted 10/9/2012 11:25:35 PM
where in the rulebook does it say I can't onside kick if I want?
Am I not trying to win the football game?

It seems like you are playing with an imaginary set of rules.
#24weezygdPosted 10/10/2012 3:13:08 PM
bowlofpeas posted...

It's just like in baseball, there are unwritten rules like if you are up by 5 runs you don't steal a base. Winning is important but not if it compromises your integrity. In basketball, if you are up by 20 you hold the ball instead of shooting a three. It's called not showing up your opponent and having respect. People like you need a rulebook for everything. Maybe this is off a tangent,but if there was no law against rape,would you do it or would your dignity as a human being tell you its wrong? It's not the end of the world if you lose in a video game having morals,integrity,and common decency are far more important.
---
Chicago Bears 2012-2013 champs!
#25darkstar1080Posted 10/10/2012 3:31:37 PM
Quote:bowlofpeas posted...

It's just like in baseball, there are unwritten rules like if you are up by 5 runs you don't steal a base. Winning is important but not if it compromises your integrity. In basketball, if you are up by 20 you hold the ball instead of shooting a three. It's called not showing up your opponent and having respect. People like you need a rulebook for everything. Maybe this is off a tangent,but if there was no law against rape,would you do it or would your dignity as a human being tell you its wrong? It's not the end of the world if you lose in a video game having morals,integrity,and common decency are far more important.

@weezygd
Very well put
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#26My_deathPosted 10/10/2012 3:37:46 PM
I think is fun to play online because of all the type of players you meet. It adds to the challenge having to find a way to win vs all those types. the only thing i think is cheap is the lag switch thing, thats is just plain cheating
---
Happy New Year. enjoy, it will be our last.........
#27bowlofpeasPosted 10/11/2012 1:02:01 AM
weezygd posted...
bowlofpeas posted...

No. There are no unwritten rules. If there were legitimate rules, the game would be different. It is well within the rules of the game to do onside kickoffs. If you want the rules of the game to be different, establish them before a game is started.

Who is to say what comprises integrity? A person can draw the line wherever they feel like it. I can't onside kick? What's next? I can't go for it on 4th down if I think I can make it against my opponent? I can't do the same run play twice in a row? You yourself can play by these "unwritten" rules rules all you want, but you can't fault someone for playing to win within the constructs of the game.

There is nothing wrong with doing the same thing over and over if I think it is the most advantageous move for me. If my opponent cannot adapt to my strategies, then he will lose. That is the basis of competitive gaming.

On a side note, you kind of sound like the British during the Revolutionary War. They thought they were fighting with integrity when they were standing in a line and wearing bright red coats in the field of battle. Meanwhile the colonists used "cheap" guerrilla tactics to win.
#28tidusx21Posted 10/13/2012 11:42:29 PM
Online is broken... Good luck trying to get a fair game... I got cheesed my last 4 games so I decided to do it myself and it wasn't even fun.. I am a fan of the game and being a cheese ball didn't replicate football at all. It just felt dumb....
---
SS FC: 4212 0540 8714
#29DaIIas_CowboysPosted 10/14/2012 12:00:21 AM
I blame EA mostly for the lame online than the community. All of this can be prevented with fair play which would stop most of the things people hate like 4th down/onside kick/2 pts. And cheesers can go to hardcore and cheese to hell with their hearts content.
#30Admiral AckbarPosted 10/14/2012 6:29:51 PM
*sigh*

C'mon, people. Don't let -me- be the one to clear the air.

1.) Learn to use the quote function. It's an eyesore reading through a quote that quotes fifteen other people. You can trim those down.

2.) Seriously. Don't cheese. I don't give a damn if the "game lets you." If there was some glitch being used against you, or worse, if somebody had some sort of cheat code or hack, you'd be pissing and moaning too. This is coming from a guy who doesn't even play online. I can't "just be bitter" about it because I'm technically undefeated.
---
Shepard was there for you when the galaxy needed him. Be there for him.
Hold the line--Take back ME3