Do you think they should add a special teams attribute for Madden 14?

#11bbert901Posted 10/11/2012 8:38:36 AM
I remember after the 2003 or 2004 afc championship (forget which one) the pats played rodney harrison at CB and ty law at SS to stop the run and i created my own sub package for that. I loved using it, harrison beat the crap out of everyone down low and law picked off everything high
---
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0904/pg2_bos15_g_576.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/648/pierceqn8.jpg
#12GandalfTehGrayPosted 10/11/2012 10:47:56 AM
IlluminatusCU posted...
feedmeacid posted...
Heres a simple solution - why not bring back formation subs? Oh, wait, why would EA ever do anything that makes sense...(formation subs stopped being used in Madden 2004)

For those who dont know - formation subs allowed you to customize which players you wanted at each position for not only just special teams, but every formation set for defense and offense. Formation Subs was a feature that also cut out trying to beat the play clock while finding the correct sub package, or inconveniently pausing the game to adjust depth charts. Yes, thats right, at one point in Madden, you could literally customize your entire playbook, down to which players you wanted in specific sets.

And here we are 10 years later and they for some reason cant just figure it out.

I think they took it out initially because it's easy to abuse. Wide Receivers at QB could just out run linebackers and still throw perfect passes, etc.

Now, good companies would design a football game such that playing like a fool that way would be punished by failure, but instead they just remove the options.

How often does wildcat work?
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#13masterchefbkwPosted 10/11/2012 12:15:11 PM
GandalfTehGray posted...
IlluminatusCU posted...
feedmeacid posted...
Heres a simple solution - why not bring back formation subs? Oh, wait, why would EA ever do anything that makes sense...(formation subs stopped being used in Madden 2004)

For those who dont know - formation subs allowed you to customize which players you wanted at each position for not only just special teams, but every formation set for defense and offense. Formation Subs was a feature that also cut out trying to beat the play clock while finding the correct sub package, or inconveniently pausing the game to adjust depth charts. Yes, thats right, at one point in Madden, you could literally customize your entire playbook, down to which players you wanted in specific sets.

And here we are 10 years later and they for some reason cant just figure it out.

I think they took it out initially because it's easy to abuse. Wide Receivers at QB could just out run linebackers and still throw perfect passes, etc.

Now, good companies would design a football game such that playing like a fool that way would be punished by failure, but instead they just remove the options.

How often does wildcat work?

Wildcat is gimped. Wildcat is fixed to where it only works a certain percent of the time. What he's talking about is older Madden games where you could just put the fastest WR/HB on your team at QB and consistently get huge gains.
#14KeegnPosted 10/11/2012 5:09:52 PM
The ability to customize your special teams unit is something a lot of players have been asking for for years.

One of my defensive starters always manages to find their way into my kick coverage unit, which brings them out of the game faster when my opponent's offense has a long drive.
#15masterchefbkwPosted 10/11/2012 6:36:29 PM
Keegn posted...
The ability to customize your special teams unit is something a lot of players have been asking for for years.

One of my defensive starters always manages to find their way into my kick coverage unit, which brings them out of the game faster when my opponent's offense has a long drive.

I know what you mean, but there's also the other side of the spectrum. Some players would put all of their starters on special teams to get better performance (this would work in a game, but not IRL).
#16kobra6187(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 8:12:19 PM
masterchefbkw posted...
Keegn posted...

I know what you mean, but there's also the other side of the spectrum. Some players would put all of their starters on special teams to get better performance (this would work in a game, but not IRL).

That is why you need to have the special teams attribute so that on special teams normal starters don't play as well comparatively.
#17feedmeacidPosted 10/11/2012 10:07:48 PM
just for the record, Idon't want formation subs to be cheap, its the convenience factor. with that said -- heres a simple solution to making formation subs work. sure, go ahead and put players wherever you want, but if its a drastic position change then the player should lose certain attribute points. like, if you put a WR at quarterback, let him keep the speed and acceleration, but severely bring down awareness, carry, ball carrier vision, etc. that way if people wanna be cheap, they better get out of bounds real quick or they're fumbling 9\10 times. and then the rest of us can use formation subs like normal people that just want the best football experience possible.
---
Currently Playing: Madden 13 (X360), GTA IV (X360), Landstalker (Genesis), Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) -updated 10-7-12-
#18Godzilla63Posted 10/12/2012 5:51:22 AM
I think we should have snapping and holder attributes too. It would be a nice touch to have misnaps/botched holds from time to time.