douche-karma happens.
---
Conformity is the smother of invention.
#23masterchefbkwPosted 10/13/2012 8:24:13 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
demonicvirus posted...
do you guys really believe this?

i hope not.

If you're referring to the stories of constant fumbles, yes. I don't understand it at all. I rarely run the ball, considering it's broken in this game, yet of the 8ish carries I do give the HB every game there's always at least one. If I try to run the ball a lot I'll have 3+ fumbles. It's almost like a player is destined to fumble one time, then after that the particular player won't fumble, but another one will.

I played a game a few nights ago where Williams had 6 carries for 50ish yards and a fumble, Stewart had 4 carries for 10ish yards and a fumble, Tolbert had 1 carry and a fumble, yet Newton doesn't fumble hardly at all and I usually have at least 8 rushes with him.
#24yourwisesage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:33:03 PM
masterchefbkw posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
demonicvirus posted...

i hope not.

If you're referring to the stories of constant fumbles, yes. I don't understand it at all. I rarely run the ball, considering it's broken in this game, yet of the 8ish carries I do give the HB every game there's always at least one. If I try to run the ball a lot I'll have 3+ fumbles. It's almost like a player is destined to fumble one time, then after that the particular player won't fumble, but another one will.

I played a game a few nights ago where Williams had 6 carries for 50ish yards and a fumble, Stewart had 4 carries for 10ish yards and a fumble, Tolbert had 1 carry and a fumble, yet Newton doesn't fumble hardly at all and I usually have at least 8 rushes with him.

Seriously, the carry to fumble ratio in this game is so blatantly rediculous.
---
New England Patriots(3-2)
Tom Brady: 8 TDS, 1 INTS, 1,450 YDS
#25Talon326Posted 10/14/2012 7:18:28 AM
yourwisesage posted...
masterchefbkw posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
demonicvirus posted...

i hope not.

Yeah if you are bad at running the ball.
---
yourwisesage- "What if the Bills win the AFC East...and make it to the superbowl and win? I would slap a ferrett and change my name to Petunia."
#26masterchefbkwPosted 10/14/2012 8:12:00 AM
Talon326 posted...
yourwisesage posted...
masterchefbkw posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
demonicvirus posted...

i hope not.

Yeah if you are bad at running the ball.

There's nothing 'bad' about it. I literally don't even try to do jukes/spins and I hold the cover button any time someone gets remotely near me. I've never had problems like this in a Madden game. And for some reason it's different for my QB (Newton), because I can run straight into the toughest defenders and take huge hits, but never fumble.

I guess it's possible that Williams and Stewart have low carry ratings (I haven't bothered to check), but I don't see why they would considering they don't fumble very often.
#27feedmeacidPosted 10/14/2012 8:52:16 AM
my big issue with fumbling is the un fairness of WR fumbles when comparing CPU to USER. i can't tell you how many times my WR fumbles within a split second of getting hit immediately after catching the ball, while it seems like the CPU is allowed multiple steps. the CPU will catch, turn and run a couple steps, I hit him and its incomplete. whereas with me, its always an instant fumble. and isn't it funny how whenever you cause a fumble, the ball flies awkwardly ten yards in an opposite direction, but when you fumble, the ball just drops dead right in front of the CPU player (especially when you fumble near the sidelines ).

im now in my sixth season offline CC, and the fumbling is definitely a pain. as someone who has been playing offline franchise regularly since 2003, I agree that its very bad this year. it seems as if slider adjustment, protecting the ball, and player ratings like carry and vision have no effect towards fumbling - its just totally random.
---
Currently Playing: Madden 13 (X360), GTA IV (X360), Landstalker (Genesis), Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) -updated 10-7-12-
#28adamclane99Posted 10/14/2012 10:02:55 AM
I rarely fumble. Maybe once every 3 games. Cover the ball dude.
#29My_deathPosted 10/14/2012 10:06:08 AM
Well sage i see your problem.. You are using the f*?#ing pats.
---
Happy New Year. enjoy, it will be our last.........
#30feedmeacidPosted 10/14/2012 1:30:08 PM
People that say they rarely fumble are the ones that dont play with the difficulty turned up very high, so of course you rarely fumble. Once you set the game to be challenging enough, protecting the ball does nothing and fumbling becomes random. This is not complaining, this is a known fact that has been around in Madden games for years, and for some of us die-hard fans, we expect issues like this to be either fixed or tuned to become more tolerable/realistic.

Fumble slider set at 50 = very few fumbles
Fumble slider set at 40 = about realistic
Fumble slider set at 30 = pretty fair, even while ALWAYS covering the ball
Fumble slider set at 25 or below (25 is the default all-madden setting) = totally random, player stats and protecting the ball mean nothing.

Im an experienced Madden player that doesnt play online and I dont cheese or glitch in order to win games, and no, I dont go undefeated every single season. I dont sit down in front of my TV and expect to win every single game and never turn the ball over and then throw the controller out the window when I lose. This is years of experimenting and observing Madden, and its the same in 2013 as it always has been, which is that fumbling becomes random once the difficulty is set high.

These posters you see pissing and moaning about fumbling, regardless of their maturity, believe it or not, have a legitimate issue to complain about.
---
Currently Playing: Madden 13 (X360), GTA IV (X360), Landstalker (Genesis), Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) -updated 10-7-12-