Best way to stop Cam Newton?

#1DJsmokeUPosted 1/19/2013 3:36:05 PM
I find myself having a very hard time stopping Newton. From the rushing to the passing, my cousin has put up 7 touchdowns alone against me in one game. I'm usually pretty good on defense, so these stats have really traumatized me (lol). I was using the Bengals, any help on conatining cam
---
Go Rams
The rest of the signature was traded for draft picks
#2sizzle55Posted 1/19/2013 4:10:16 PM
DJsmokeU posted...
I find myself having a very hard time stopping Newton. From the rushing to the passing, my cousin has put up 7 touchdowns alone against me in one game. I'm usually pretty good on defense, so these stats have really traumatized me (lol). I was using the Bengals, any help on conatining cam

Spy with Lawson
#3xTreefiddy350xPosted 1/19/2013 4:12:23 PM
Break his ****ing neck.
#4bobstevens23123Posted 1/19/2013 4:44:15 PM
u dont
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#5CM101PlayPosted 1/19/2013 6:54:45 PM
Go 4-2-5 all game. Put the two DTs on QB Contain, spy with one of the two LBs. With your outside rushers rush whichever is on the opposite side of the RB, and use QB contain with the other. If you can have two deep Safeties playing the deep halves on every down.
---
AJ McCannon's mom (in blue) : http://tinyurl.com/bs6heg7
#6DJsmokeU(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 7:27:32 PM
CM101Play posted...
Go 4-2-5 all game. Put the two DTs on QB Contain, spy with one of the two LBs. With your outside rushers rush whichever is on the opposite side of the RB, and use QB contain with the other. If you can have two deep Safeties playing the deep halves on every down.

Awesome man, gonna practice this and see how it goes
---
Go Rams
The rest of the signature was traded for draft picks
#7CM101PlayPosted 1/19/2013 7:31:14 PM
Just keep in mind that you'll have a lot of man to man on Carolina's WRs, and really only Steve Smith should make you worry, but the Panthers don't exactly have world beaters at CB/Nickel. Of course if you user the Safety on Steve Smith's side it could take him away, but I always like to user the LB that is spying and then click-off tackle while switching to the nearest teammate in case the CPU doesn't bring him down, which is likely since he breaks tackles fairly easily in Madden.
---
#8CM101PlayPosted 1/19/2013 7:31:51 PM
Also, if you're trying to do this against RG3, use a faster LB (just edit the depth chart) or put a faster Safety/backup Corner there.
---
#9gatorsPENSbucsPosted 1/19/2013 8:58:38 PM
QB contain works wonders. Most people who run a lot with the QB have 1 side they love running to so i send the DE on that side out to the flats and the DE on the other side i have doing the contain or spy or whatever. So say he runs to the right i have a guy over there and then when he goes to turn back i have the left DE just waiting there. Then you can just go from there. Contain with your DT if he starts thinking he can run up the middle.

And also, i like to have my secondary in a zone and then audible a few players to man coverage. So he'll freak out since he cant run and then he'll try and rush a throw and wont be able to tell what the coverage is. And you can pick up on his reliable receiver and just always have someone man up on him. And then sometimes you can get crazy and take a DT out into coverage.

Im not in a good state of mind, well i am, so my bad if it doesnt make sense.
---
Gators. Buccaneers. Heat. Phillies. Penguins.
#10masterchefbkwPosted 1/20/2013 5:57:13 PM
As a Panthers fan and user, it really shouldn't be hard with any team with a good DL. The Panthers OL doesn't give much help, Smith is the only reliable WR, and Olsen and Williams (in the screen game) are the only other threats. Unless he's just really good at QB running (chooses good times to run rather than forcing it) he's not impossible to stop. I'd do normal 4 man rushes (with CIN), put a LB in spy, and user the safety on Olsen/Smith's side. Most people will tell you to primarily cover Smith, but Smith is very underpowered in Madden (due to his height) and will rarely give good CBs issues; Olsen however can give people fits if he's left open.