Acquiring Shield points

#1Aerolithe_LionPosted 3/19/2012 12:40:41 PM
I have no idea how you guys continuing on in the game.

I'm currently through the first three parts of level one and I have 4 characters at max level, no shield points or gold.

What do I do, just drudge through the game and waste exp theyre not earning? How do I get shield points?
#2FlynnPendragonPosted 3/19/2012 3:34:24 PM
After I waste all my energy, I always send my guys out on flight plans/deploy missions to earn a little cash. Always send them on the longest mission you can when you are done playing. If you won't be playing till tomorrow, send them on 24 hour flights. Send your highest lvl character first for the silver bonus they provide.I figure I get most of my energy back in two hours and have the time to check back in two hours to keep playing.

I gift out SHIELD points to my few friends who play the game because it seems if I gift you a point, you can return the favor+gift a second point to me. I then return your returned the favor point, return your favor of gifting me a point and then gift them a third point. I get about 20 SHIELD points a day this way and only have three other friends playing. I save my gold to upgrade my flight jets (don't have enough friends playing to fill all the spots)

Also, one star in an episode is 250 silver, two stars is 1000 silver, 3 stars is XP, 4 stars is one gold bar and 5 stars is like 10 command points.

I am now at Lvl 20, I have bought three characters solely thru command points (one at 15 points, one at 40 points, one at 65 points) and I am one star away from having all stars in chapter one (except the premium content which does unlock for free if you buy the corresponding character.)
#3YubbusPosted 3/20/2012 11:41:39 PM
Visiting each friend each day gives you 3 shield points (or maybe even 6) so as long as you have a few dozen friends you will have more shield points than you can ever use.
Gold doesn't have to be spent and while spending it on command points is a good way to get your first top hero earlier, word is, the best agent uniforms can only be bought with gold and the silver ones don't come close. So if you are in it for the long haul I'd say save for that.

Getting silver is definitely all about the remote ops. Grind hard.
---
"Nope. -10% physical damage for a Fury warrior isn't alot. " -frber
#4Ravage58IIPosted 3/21/2012 11:36:35 PM
yeah I get lots of Shield points from gifts mostly.

Can't you get the high level armors if you level up immensely and research all the necessary prereqs? It probably takes longer than using Gold for that, but then Gold can be used elsewhere.

Also I notice having lots of friends is fantastic for having pilots to upgrade your flight mission stuff.
---
Each of us bears his own hell
#5YubbusPosted 3/22/2012 4:00:31 PM
No, the gold uniforms are different from the silver researched uniforms.

Obviously the early levelling and research go very fast so that uses a lot of shield points, but once things slow down you probably want to concentrate on getting energy for gifts as you will have more than enough shield points from visiting friends.
---
"Nope. -10% physical damage for a Fury warrior isn't alot. " -frber
#6Ravage58IIPosted 3/22/2012 5:29:44 PM
Yeah I've been pushing for energy over shield points.
---
Each of us bears his own hell
#7csoderlingPosted 3/29/2012 8:48:00 PM
Does anyone know if there is a cap level for your agent or heroes?
#8ScriptsPosted 3/30/2012 9:45:29 AM
Heroes Max out level 13 iirc
---
http://i.imgur.com/PjV6Y.gif http://i.imgur.com/U59d9.gif
http://i.imgur.com/WBsja.gif http://i.imgur.com/QowHt.gif
#9aRealCoolGuyPosted 4/4/2012 7:11:08 AM

Wow... I just had 600-something Shield Points last night; this morning I log in and I'm at 8... not '800' just '8', single digit. WTcrap?!!!?!??

#10berserksPosted 4/6/2012 12:25:49 AM
"Also, one star in an episode is 250 silver, two stars is 1000 silver, 3 stars is XP, 4 stars is one gold bar and 5 stars is like 10 command points."

Best thing i heard this week ,now the game seem more friendly for those not willing to use real cash .
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>