Next Character?

#1yoyosyPosted 4/9/2012 7:20:29 PM
I'm thinking of who to get next.. My current roster is Iron Fist, Black Widow, Iron Man and Hawkeye.. Just level 8.. :)
---
Hey Friend!! Currently playing: MW3, Skyrim, NBA 2k12 and LITTLEBIGPLANET! on PS3. :D
#2En Sabah NurPosted 4/9/2012 8:20:33 PM
I have all the heroes and this is the general consensus on which are really worth it:

Blasters
Ms. Marvel: very cheap, hits hard
Dr. Strange: fairly cheap, good power as well as great support/healing

Bruisers
Hulk: strongest character in the game
Thor: probably the second strongest after the recent update
She-Hulk: very cheap, can do massive damage

Scrappers
Daredevil: decent power but has other perks like debuffs, high evasion, counter attacks, and blindsight
Wolverine: good offense and some self healing

Tacticians
Warmachine: very powerful, offense focused
Captain America: pretty strong, passive is nice

Infiltrators
Spider-man: ridiculous evasion, extra turns, and general shenanigans
Invisible Woman: good damage and some good defensive powers

These aren't the ONLY good heroes, but they are the best in their categories. Others like Storm, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Colossus, and Sif (after the update) are pretty good too.
---
Playing - ME3, SFxT, DMC Collection, God of War Collection, Darkness 2, Resistance 2, Journey, Marvel Avengers Alliance, Syndicate, No More Heroes HP
#3yoyosy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 8:36:15 PM
I see, but what I'm asking is who to get next.. I have 23 Command Points, and I want to know if I should save for a bigger hero, or get one now..
---
Hey Friend!! Currently playing: MW3, Skyrim, NBA 2k12 and LITTLEBIGPLANET! on PS3. :D
#4En Sabah NurPosted 4/10/2012 6:54:01 AM
Well it sounds like you need a Bruiser. Depending on how fast you accumulate CP you can either pick up She-Hulk for really cheap or wait for Hulk/Thor (both of which are very worth it). Either way, you should have a Bruiser for sure.

Best way to approach the game is just to take it easy, do what you can, and realize you don't have a deadline for stuff and just try things out and see what works for you.

I've listed some of the "best" heroes for you, so just get them at your own pace.

You honestly CAN'T go wrong with any of the 15-point heroes. They're all pretty damn good (especially Cyclops who I forgot to mention). It would not be a stupid idea to grab all of them and then you'll have a small army of heroes to use on a whim.
---
Playing - ME3, SFxT, DMC Collection, God of War Collection, Darkness 2, Resistance 2, Journey, Marvel Avengers Alliance, Syndicate, No More Heroes HP
#5aRealCoolGuyPosted 4/10/2012 11:09:44 AM

Here's the general recruiting rules:

...aside from that, pick your favourite characters. And I cosign arkain above..

#6yoyosy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 7:04:59 PM
Okay, so I just got She-Hulk and possibly Ms. Marvel, since I have 32 command points and I am almost 5 star in the 1st mission. Currently level 11 and I think my Agent is really weak.. He is using a hidden blade and a Batstone 2357 Minigun.. What can I do to make my agent better?
---
#7En Sabah NurPosted 4/11/2012 3:08:12 PM
You either get lucky to find a really good weapon, or you just wait til you're higher level.

My agent is level 53 and is still weak. I'm basically waiting until I hit 60-65 when I can buy the best armor with gold, and the Quantum Jumper (gives an extra turn to your whole team). Then I'll worry about getting a good weapon.

Most of the best items/weapons are dropped from Epic bosses (1 per chapter, you need to deploy a specific hero on a specific mission to fight them) or Premium missions (they basically always scale to your level and can be extremely difficult, but the final boss usually drops a great weapon and/or gadget).

Essentially, there are only two methods to getting good equipment: one is spending a lot of time and being fairly lucky so that you eventually get the items you're trying for, the other is to just buy/spend lots of gold on the best armor, weapons, and isos to power up your character.

Also, 5-starring every mission in a chapter gets you the gold weapons that scale with your level. They are pretty good.
---
#8yoyosy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 9:49:34 PM
I see, so it isn't worth it getting the Chrono Overdrive? Currently level 14 almost to 15...
---
#9En Sabah NurPosted 4/12/2012 3:26:49 PM
I personally never bought or used the Chrono Overdrive. I know some people used to really like it, but I think it was affected by the last update and isn't as good. I'm not sure.

Go to the Playdom forums (accessible through the "forum" button when playing MAA) and maybe read some of what people are saying there. You can also find little guides or whatever on how to get the Epic bosses to appear and what they drop. Premium missions tend to be really hard, but also give you awesome weapons. They can be quite frustrating though if you aren't prepared.
---
#10yoyosy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 1:47:41 AM
Anyway, just finished Chapter 2, and I need 1 more hero to get to Chapter 3.. Who should I get? MY team is She Hulk, Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Iron Man and Black Widow.. Currently have 40 Command Points.. Who should I get? I really wanna save for Spidey, but I need someone to get to Chapter 3.. I was thinking War Machine, but is he worth it? Could I use him well in the Premium Mission? Since I'm having a REALLY hard time with it..
---