=Stuck at difficult missions. Blaster Modern Thor or Scarlet Witch?

#1RontequePosted 7/14/2012 9:03:55 PM
My current roster:

9 Hulk
9 Spiderman
9 WW2 Tactician Captain America
5 Storm
7 Black Cat
7 Hawk Eye
7 Black Widow
7 Iron Fist
7 Iron Man

I am actually having a hard time doing the premium missions and trying to get the magnetic field generator from mission 4 chapter 4 but because I already 5 starred it, it is very difficult. My Agent level is 51.

Currently at 52 CP saving for either scarlet witch or modern blaster thor.. Which hero will give me a better time against those "scaled to agent level" missions?

My current pve strategy is using captain america and leveling up my storm to be a power house to do the damage. But I am thinking of replacing her with either blaster modern thor or scarlet witch.
#2SoljaRTTPosted 7/14/2012 9:28:55 PM
What are you having trouble with? The missions or Magneto?

I forgot about the missions but Magneto is really easy since you have Black Cat and Spider-Man. I used the Target Pistol from Spec Ops as my main attack and Black Cat pretty much scratch every time she was the same charge as Magneto and Luck buff and Nerve Chop'ing everytime she was opposite. If Spidey is same charge just use debuff items like Napalm or other poisons.

Scarlet Witch is a very good hero, 2nd best in the game. I would also recommend you not get blaster Thor since he is the best bruiser. The benefits of always crit hitting is pointless since Thor hits hard to begin with. Thor hits harder faster then Hulk.

I don't have Iron Fist and Wolverine was my 2nd 90 CP hero, so I used him a lot whenever I needed a scrapper. Unsure how much need you need a scrapper in 4.4, but Wolverine is great in PVE.
---
Plus+: soljartt
#3aRealCoolGuyPosted 7/15/2012 8:01:43 PM
Infiltrator Wolverine... but that's a lot of CP...

Scarlet Witch is highly considered one of the best characters in game. The devs said it was their favourite at the recent Comic-Con.... but I wouldn't use a Blaster against Magneto...
#4SoljaRTTPosted 7/15/2012 8:41:35 PM
All my heroes are their default classes, so my Wolverine is a scrapper. He tears PVE infiltrators apart. Brutal Slash for ravage, then double attack with Berserker Fury for two points of bleed.
---
#5Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 5:49:36 AM(edited)
SoljaRTT posted...
All my heroes are their default classes, so my Wolverine is a scrapper. He tears PVE infiltrators apart. Brutal Slash for ravage, then double attack with Berserker Fury for two points of bleed.

I heard that wolverine should be one of the last 90CP heroes to get?

I am not actually having trouble with 5 stars magneto. I am having trouble getting to 5 stars magneto or any "enemies scaled to agent level" missions.

I can win if I try hard enough, but it is usually very close. Sometimes it takes two tries.

I was thinking of getting a hero that will be able to help me overall.

I am getting my 5 stars on chapter 4 for more cp points..14 more to 90cp.

So.. Scarlet Witch or Wolverine for easier PVE and goes well with my WW2 tact cap?
#6aRealCoolGuyPosted 7/16/2012 8:43:19 AM
Wolverine used to be considered one of the best until they added the passive abilities to Cap and Thor. People used to say Thor was the worst 90 CP hero (actually they were all 120 CP back then...) ...anyway, I'm just saying that he's obviously not THAT far behind if a couple passive buffs on his allies is what gave him such a negative rep...
#7SoljaRTTPosted 7/16/2012 3:38:07 PM
Wolverine by comparison is the weakest of the 90 CP heroes, but that doesn't mean he sucks.

Which missions are you having a hard time on, IE what classes are you up against. You have WWII Tact Capt so you've have the best hero in the game.

I would recruit Scarlet Witch over Wolverine, but I farmed Magneto way before Scarlet Witch was in the game. So getting to Magneto without her was required in my case.

Maybe you need to level up Storm. She is one of the few heroes where her lvl 6 and 9 moves are very effective. Generalist Agent, Tact Captain, and Blast Storm should get you far. Shield Guard combined with Protective Shroud protects your team from a lot. Storm's turn 2 should be Blizzard, chills everyone. So every turn after that you have a lot of options like heal when necessary, Chain Lightning if need be, while chill chips away enemy health.
---
#8Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 10:27:54 PM
My trouble is at vapour boss. Her explosions causes so much damage and leave my heroes with damage per turn stats. Invisible women is useless. She dies before she even had a turn.

I just a bought bruiser world war hulk. Saving for scarlet witch next..
#9SoljaRTTPosted 7/18/2012 12:26:39 AM
Yeah you need at least a lvl 6 Storm for that fight. Vapor usually can't get those hits in with Protective Shroud up. If Sue attacks before Storm just put up that Forcefield shield she does, then still cast Protective Shroud.
---
#10Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 6:36:11 AM
Is there an easy way to beat this mission? I had to take two tries to win. Vapour goes suicidal at the end and obliterate everyone regardless of invisibility or shroud. !@#$ Magneto is a cakewalk compared to her.