Spec Ops 5 - Valkyrie - is here

#31Phexar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 6:50:02 PM
I'll just re-post a list of the tasks (and optimum paths) here for whenever their forums go down/etc. Assume all tasks must be completed in the Spec Ops unless stated otherwise:

1- Defeat 3 Escaped Prisoners (mission 1)
2- Complete a Deploy (can be done outside of Spec Ops)
3- Defeat a Mini-Boss in Mission 1
4- Defeat 3 Jotun/Frost Giants (found in all Spec Ops missions)
5- Defeat Enchantress (mission 1 boss)

6- Research the Mead Horn (Requires 100 silver and 60 UISO-8. Takes 8 hours)
7- Collect 10 Unstable Iso-8
8- Defeat a Mini-Boss in Mission 2
9- Use Valkyrie's "Dragonfang" 3 times (she is in mission 1 and 3)
10- Get 2 Stars of Mastery on Mission 1

11- Upgrade Laufey's Knife to Laufey's Needle (Requires 100 silver and 80 UISO-8. Takes 24 hours)
12- Defeat Executioner (mission 2 boss)
13- Collect 3 Distress Calls
14- Take 2 Asgardians into Battle* (these include Valkyrie, Sif and Thor, can apparently be done outside of Spec Ops)
15- Complete 3 Flight Deck Missions

16- Upgrade Odin's Cane to Odin's Staff (Requires 300 silver and 120 UISO-8. Takes 48 hours)
17- Use Valkyrie's "Sacrificial Blessing" (she is in mission 1 and 3)
18- Defeat 5 Illusionary Loki's (mission 3)
19- Collect 20 Unstable Iso-8
20- Defeat 4 Wrecking Crew members (found in all Spec Ops missions)

21- Win 1 PVP Battle (practice battles count as well)
22- Use Valkyrie's "Flight of Valkyrie" 3 Times (she is in mission 1 and 3)
23- Defeat Loki (mission 3 boss)
24- Get 3 Stars of Mastery in all Spec Ops 5 Missions
25- Defeat Destroyer (mission 1 epic boss)**(25 Gold to skip)

Mission 1 Optimum Path: Epic Boss run (170 UISO-8) - or - 1 Deploy (Kitty Pryde), all threats except for 1 medium, 3-bird (100 UISO-8)

Mission 2 Optimum Path: No deploys, all threats but one low, 3-bird (90 UISO-8)

Mission 3 Optimum Path: ? (not known yet)

* For task 14, if you don't have any of the Asgardian heroes, you can use:
-Valkyrie in two battles (she is in mission 1 and 3)
-Sif in two battles (she is in mission 2)
-Valkyrie in one battle and Sif in another
Using two Asgardians in the same battle (like Sif and Thor together) will complete the task as well.

** Requires you to deploy Kitty Pryde (33 CP), Beast (90 CP), Wolverine (90 CP) and Storm (48 CP) in mission 1. These cost a total of 261 CP, if you have none of them.
---
I am the Starlite Sage. My duty is to support, encourage & heal people. I understand much in this world, of it's light & darkness. (Created 6/6/2003)
#32JackalsIIIPosted 12/3/2012 2:21:42 PM
14- Take 2 Asgardians into Battle* (these include Valkyrie, Sif and Thor, can apparently be done outside of Spec Ops)

In case this can be done outside of SO, anyone know which missions Thor and/or Sif show up during? Much rather spend Energy rather than ISOs wherever possible.

Thanks in advance!
---
Chrono Trigger is the greatest RPG ever made.
#33ersonPosted 12/3/2012 2:38:32 PM(edited)
You can do it outside SO, but you have to have either Thor or Sif since there's no mission where you're required to team up with both at the same time. Ch 5 has Sif/Thor team up missions depending on which one you have. If you have both, then it doesn't matter what mission, just take them both with you to battle.

http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_5_-_Gods_%26_Monsters
---
ErSoN
We reach equilibrium in death....
#34QuolnokPosted 12/3/2012 3:26:56 PM
JackalsIII posted...

In case this can be done outside of SO, anyone know which missions Thor and/or Sif show up during? Much rather spend Energy rather than ISOs wherever possible.

Thanks in advance!

1.5 has Thor as a teamup for the miniboss and boss. I used this, it didn't need another Asgardian, just Thor*2.
---
"The combustion part is fine,
it's the spontaneity that I have a problem with."
#35ersonPosted 12/3/2012 3:34:59 PM
ah, i thought you have to have them both in one battle.
---
ErSoN
We reach equilibrium in death....
#36prince_leoPosted 12/3/2012 5:49:17 PM
Quolnok posted...
1.5 has Thor as a teamup for the miniboss and boss. I used this, it didn't need another Asgardian, just Thor*2.

This also happened to me. Got 3 CP for the boss battle as well (already 5-starred so I thought it'd be a waste)
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#37Phexar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:01:34 AM
Warning, there's been a bug with task 17!

Ride of the Valkyrie - 17 of 25 - My Life For You
-Use Valkyrie's Sacrificial Blessing
-Sacrificial Blessing is Valkyrie's fourth ability, which reduces her health to resurrect an ally. Valkyrie is a Team-Up in the first and third Spec Op 5 Missions.
Correction: Incorrect ability was assigned to this task. Please use her second skill "Dragonfang" to complete this task until the issue is resolved.
-Finish Cost: 10 Golds
-Reward: 100 XP

Probably would be wise to use both abilities in the battle if you aren't sure whether it's still bugged or not.
---
I am the Starlite Sage. My duty is to support, encourage & heal people. I understand much in this world, of it's light & darkness. (Created 6/6/2003)
#38Phexar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:27:01 AM
20- Defeat 4 Wrecking Crew members (found in all Spec Ops missions)

It's also been confirmed they can be defeated in normal missions too. 5.3 is a good bet since they all appear there as well.
---
#39Phexar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:31:52 PM
Finally, an optimum path for the third mission:

Mission 3 Optimum Path: No deploys, 3 high threats, 2 medium, "3-bird" main boss (70 UISO-8)

The "3 bird" part refers to the oddity where the main boss will only appear on their own, but the battle score will still act as though you fought the mini-bosses with it anyway and give you the "Three of a Kind" multiplier. Which is rather convenient.

Also task 22 definitely refers to "Flight of the Valkyrie" even if it happens to say "Summon Aragorn" for some people - Aragorn is the name of Valkyrie's horse, who she uses for that ability.
---