Best Heroes to use in PvP right now?

#1cousityPosted 3/30/2013 7:04:51 AM
Since the wolverine nerf I've gone from top 1% to top 4% on defense, anyone know a solid replacement for wolverine since his nerf? I don't know why but he isn't working for me anymore, and every enemy wolverine is still a powerhouse but mine just gets swatted like a fly. I'm currently using wolverine + nightcrawler + tactician power suit agent with kuzuri, wave nullifier, heavy sai and sword of the barony.
#2maggy187Posted 3/30/2013 9:49:55 AM
The only thing that really changed with his "nerf" was healing factor will only keep him alive once instead of multiple times in a row. The best there is and berserker rage still proc randomly throughout the match.

Why wolverine doesn't seem as effective now is people stopped crying and started thinking. Wolverine will intentionally swipe at any char that is defending. If that char happens to be a bruiser wolverine kills himself... along with the rest of your defense team.

My advice is to either keep NC and drop wolvie or keep wolvie and drop NC. Honestly though; NC+ wolverine is a decent offense set up but the computer doesn't use NC to his full potential.
#3GenoPosted 3/30/2013 10:47:05 AM
Even with the Wolverine nerf, Wolverine's still a fantastic character to use.

And I disagree with Wolverine + Nightcrawler on defense. You can run anything on defense if you've got the armory bonuses for it. My armory bonus is far from top-notch, and I put Infiltrator B&T Wolvie + Infiltrator Swashcrawler + Tac Agent and I came home last night to +60 rank. I'm sitting at 0.1% right now. Last I looked, I was ranked in the top triple digits, something like 514 or so.

So honestly, a lot of factors go into PvP. Defensive is a huge question mark. Offensive is all about who can hit the hardest and the most, which is why you'll often see Captain Britain and Wolverine and such.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#4mksystem74Posted 3/30/2013 2:50:51 PM
So would you recommend getting Wolverine/NC over Ghost Rider then? I'm at 188 CP right now, have the gold to get the rest if I really, really should get him.
---
Black 2 FC: 4041 3822 9150 Name: MIKE
Black FC: 1077 0027 2408 Name: MIKE
#5cousity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:34:44 PM
Geno posted...
Even with the Wolverine nerf, Wolverine's still a fantastic character to use.

And I disagree with Wolverine + Nightcrawler on defense. You can run anything on defense if you've got the armory bonuses for it. My armory bonus is far from top-notch, and I put Infiltrator B&T Wolvie + Infiltrator Swashcrawler + Tac Agent and I came home last night to +60 rank. I'm sitting at 0.1% right now. Last I looked, I was ranked in the top triple digits, something like 514 or so.

So honestly, a lot of factors go into PvP. Defensive is a huge question mark. Offensive is all about who can hit the hardest and the most, which is why you'll often see Captain Britain and Wolverine and such.

I would like to know what your agent set up is, if you don't mind sharing.

And thanks for the replies guys, I guess it's just my imagination and/or inactiveness on PvP that's got me down the ranking
#6ersonPosted 3/30/2013 8:38:45 PM
P5 inf Emma and Magneto
---
ErSoN
We reach equilibrium in death....
#7Non-ScorerPosted 3/31/2013 11:19:31 AM
P5 inf Emma and Magneto

I dont have Magneto, but I do have P5 Inf Emma and she is terrible. It used to be that he could use her organic skni function to eliminate heavy damage. Now it only kicks in once in a while and she gets bashed to oblivion when it doesn't. I had her paired with White Crown Phoenix and my group couldn't get into the top 25% unless I did all the fighting (and I would come back to -68 points the next day almost every time).

They released her P5 costume just so I would waste CP on it and then nerfed it. I take out plenty of P5 Emmas now with no sweat when previously she could easiy take care of 2on1 fights by herself.

Sadly, Blue QS is leaps and bounds ahead of P5 Emma. I just don't have a good 3rd character to pair with my agent and Quicksilver. Been using Avengers Captain America, but I knew going in that he wasn't a great choice. If I could steal my Hercules from my 2nd account, I think I would be in pretty decent shape.

Peace.
---
Chris Jericho = The Most Underrated Wrestler Ever
#8cousity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 11:38:57 AM
Non-Scorer posted...
P5 inf Emma and Magneto

I dont have Magneto, but I do have P5 Inf Emma and she is terrible. It used to be that he could use her organic skni function to eliminate heavy damage. Now it only kicks in once in a while and she gets bashed to oblivion when it doesn't. I had her paired with White Crown Phoenix and my group couldn't get into the top 25% unless I did all the fighting (and I would come back to -68 points the next day almost every time).

They released her P5 costume just so I would waste CP on it and then nerfed it. I take out plenty of P5 Emmas now with no sweat when previously she could easiy take care of 2on1 fights by herself.

Sadly, Blue QS is leaps and bounds ahead of P5 Emma. I just don't have a good 3rd character to pair with my agent and Quicksilver. Been using Avengers Captain America, but I knew going in that he wasn't a great choice. If I could steal my Hercules from my 2nd account, I think I would be in pretty decent shape.

Peace.

I believe your problem with your emma is that she is infiltrator... why would you do that with all the scrappers around. And she isn't terrible, you're simply not using her as well as you could be I think, the AI is stupid, they don't recharge, psychic tap ALL of them to death
#9GenoPosted 3/31/2013 12:52:06 PM
cousity posted...
I would like to know what your agent set up is, if you don't mind sharing.

And thanks for the replies guys, I guess it's just my imagination and/or inactiveness on PvP that's got me down the ranking

I changed things up a bit last night as a test, so now I'm running Scrapper B&T Wolvie, Infil Swashcrawler and Tac Agent with Kuzuri, Magnetic Field Generator, Scroll of Bologna, Warbringer Axe. Right now, things are pretty up and down. I think I'm stuck between the free players and the wallet warriors, so I'm trying to stick to around .2/.1% for now.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#10EarthjadePosted 4/1/2013 6:48:41 AM
^ Is Kuzuri necessary?
The healing you get out of it is really just a damage-dampener and unless you are always up against people with shields...
I think the protect ability it offers is more important BUT...
The thing about your team is that everybody has a protect ability that can proc at anytime.
Seems to me that if everyone protects, then no one is really being protected.
---
One should not use French in lieu of English.