Which of these teams are best in PVP?

#1MagiciteKefkaPosted 6/28/2013 6:45:50 PM
Up until not too long ago I was using my Infiltrator Agent alongside Rescue and Captain Britain. I had some victories, and some losses with that team. Usually I'd just win one and then lose one. I recently bought Cyclops with the Phoenix costume, and Quicksilver. Both of them are excellent in the missions, and I'm currently just leveling them up. Are they any good to use in PVP?
#2sPK2Posted 6/28/2013 8:01:29 PM
Skip rescue, everyone builds their teams around taking her down now.
#3CI254Posted 6/28/2013 8:10:39 PM
Quicksilver dominated PVP until Rescue came out and pretty much shut him down entirely. You never see him anymore. Now it's Rescue everywhere. And even those that use Rescue (I do) still have a Rescue counter with them (in my case Juggernaut.)

If you have anyone who can smash through shields, use them.
---
{O,o}:O RLY?::::::::::{o,o}Shut the **** up.
/)__)::::::::::::::::::::::::::(__(\ SteamID: ci254 -Ci- Gaisuto
#4GenoPosted 6/28/2013 8:17:18 PM
Actually, Omega Sentinel is a fantastic Rescue Killer, and she's able to do more stuff than just kill Rescue, so I run her almost exclusively.

Right now, I'm running Thundra/Scrapper Agent/Red Hulk, just so I can see how they do on defense, and they do about fifty/fifty. A lot of what I wind up doing throughout the PvP seasons is throwing on teams that have synergy that aren't often seen to see if I can pull in greater than fifty/fifty. Last year my winning team was Omega Sentinel/War Machine. This year it's probably going to be Juggs/Omega Sentinel. X3
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#5MagiciteKefka(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 3:25:49 AM
Okay, so Quicksilver seems like a no go. Is Cyclops any good to use now that they've revamped him? And if so, who's a good combo with him?
#6EarthjadePosted 6/29/2013 3:58:34 AM
Rescue has not shut down Quicksilver.
Teams that run him just make sure they have a shield breaking ability - the most common one being the scrolls.
---
One should not use French in lieu of English.
#7NightlBladeXPosted 6/30/2013 2:07:35 AM
MagiciteKefka posted...
Okay, so Quicksilver seems like a no go. Is Cyclops any good to use now that they've revamped him? And if so, who's a good combo with him?

Not sure who to use him with... ...but... Cyclops destroyed like my entire team in one turn when they attacked him yesterday >.>;
#8Non-ScorerPosted 6/30/2013 2:22:16 PM
I use blue suit QS on both of my accounts. You can pair him with Union Jack because his Quickness counter will cause UJ to follow up against every member of the opposing team. But it also puts you with 2 Scrappers if you aren't really into doubling up.

I use blue suit QS with Tac Dr. Strange. I was consistently getting to around 5% of the previous PvP tournaments. I had to switch from Blaster Modern Doc Strange to a Tac because everyone and their dog has tacticians now, especially Rescue and he was getting demolished. Now I keep him alive for several rounds and I'm up from 10% back to the 5% I was at in the previous tourneys.

As for Quicksilver vs. Rescue... well, that isn't my favorite match-up. Her recurring shields will absorb his entire attack with little to no damage. He can lariat, but the stun effect will disappear unless you have another debuff on her first (her ability to remove a debuff only takes out the 1 per round and it is always the first one applied). I usually try to nab her with Dark Void or Bane or some other ability before I hit her with lariat so it will stick. But yeah, he is not a great match-up for Rescue and Rescue is literally on 80% of the teams I face. I have done 15 battles today (10 wins, 5 losses) and she was on 12 of the teams I faced.

Peace.
---
Chris Jericho = The Most Underrated Wrestler Ever
#9CI254Posted 6/30/2013 2:28:45 PM
I hear Cyclops works brilliantly now with Cap... So many counters......so many counters..........why are there so many counters.......
---
{O,o}:O RLY?::::::::::{o,o}Shut the **** up.
/)__)::::::::::::::::::::::::::(__(\ SteamID: ci254 -Ci- Gaisuto
#10Non-ScorerPosted 6/30/2013 5:53:15 PM
Just ran into my first agent/QS/P5 Cyclops. I beat them. It was very annoying. Dr. Strange uses his area attack and QS gets his counter plus everyone got their combat expertise counter and finished him off. For whatever reason, Cyclops didn't use his first attack to flank anyone on my team. Flank + QS is awesome because he follows up against the entire team. I still won win QS and my agent alive. Mostly because the AI didn't use my opponent's team correctly.

Peace.
---
Chris Jericho = The Most Underrated Wrestler Ever