Sick PvP combos?

#1kmm2k5Posted 9/19/2013 10:06:58 AM
I've been playing with Alt Quiksilver and Juggernaut (both Lvl 12) and doing ok, but not enough to get into the 3rd tier or higher. I encounter a lot of Rescue and Phoenix.

Seeing as I have an Aegis Blaster Agent on (Level 206) and my items total 120k offense and defense, what's considered the top PvP combinations of late? My roster is below, I welcome your opinions.

* = newly acquired

Captain America (10), Cyclops (11), Fantomex (9), Mr. Fantastic (9), Rescue (9), War Machine (12)

Daimon (9), Dr. Strange (11), Torch (11), Ironman (12), Ms. Marvel (8), Scarlett Witch (10), Storm (11)

Ares (9), Captain Britain (3)*, Colossus (9), Hercules (9), Hulk (10), Juggernaut (12), She Hulk (8), Thor (10)

Deadpool (10), Iron Fist (9), Luke Cage (7), Shatterstar (8), Sif (7), Spiderwoman (8), Wolverine (11)

Black Widow (9), Gambit (10), Hawkeye (9), Sue Storm (10), Kitty Pryde (1)*

Angel (9), Quiksilver (12), Rogue (9)

I don't have the Scroll of Angolob, but I do use the Golden Enfield SA80 Rifle, Signpost, and Warbringer Axe.
---
Mad creator of the most downloaded Great Muta, Nacho Libre, and Serena in SvR 2011 Community Creations
UID: machine74
#2RybalPosted 9/19/2013 10:22:07 AM
More than anything else, the fact that you only have about half of the characters is going to hurt you. In order to even make it into Vibranium at your level, you either have to be constantly winning in the final hours or have everyone at a high level or insane armory bonuses. The fact that you are doing as well as you are is fairly impressive, to tell the truth.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#3kmm2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 10:27:59 AM
Rybal posted...
More than anything else, the fact that you only have about half of the characters is going to hurt you. In order to even make it into Vibranium at your level, you either have to be constantly winning in the final hours or have everyone at a high level or insane armory bonuses. The fact that you are doing as well as you are is fairly impressive, to tell the truth.

Thanks...I think. :)

I have 36 characters and going back to farm CPs using Easy mode so I can whip though and not be concerned with leveling up for a while.

My armory is stacked to the point where I have 2800/1400 or 1400/2800 items in every slot. I'm over 120k in each.

I also have the Hotshot and some demonic weapons, just no scrolls.
---
Mad creator of the most downloaded Great Muta, Nacho Libre, and Serena in SvR 2011 Community Creations
#4kmm2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 10:28:53 AM
Also, you're really saying I should have everyone at a 10 minimum to get the bonuses.
---
#5Stone_MagnetPosted 9/19/2013 11:12:58 AM
Preferably at 11 or 12 tbh :p
---
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stonemagnet/
#6kmm2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 12:43:48 PM
Stone_Magnet posted...
Preferably at 11 or 12 tbh :p

Working on it.

Also, I count 19 characters I could buy with CPs, and I have almost 40. That's low?!
---
#7TyrfingPosted 9/19/2013 1:51:15 PM
Go get the Scroll of angolob from an incursion. I used the same team as you last tournament and my bonuses were 150k/100k and I got into Adamantium (I was around level 147-154 for tourney)

Also Dragon's foot is excellent for quicksilver and juggernaut
---
93% of GameFAQs users have some sort of fake statistic in their sig....If you're part of the 7% who refuse to have one, put this in your sig.
#8EarthjadePosted 9/19/2013 7:36:31 PM
^ What other weapons did you have for your agent besides Dragon's Foot and what was the class of your Agent and Quicksilver.
I've always found scrapper Quicksilver more effective.
Also, if you have the "Monstrosity" item that makes your agent immune to stun, you basically have an unstunnable team. Juggs is immune, your Agent is immune and Quicksilver will lose one of his two attacks but still get a go.
---
One should not use French in lieu of English.
#9RybalPosted 9/19/2013 7:48:55 PM
There are two classes that I avoid using in PVP - scrapper and blaster (except for Havok). Both because they can give your opposition too much of an advantage (Havok is the exception because he can cancel the major benefit of tacticians). There are a TON of bruisers around and the last thing you want is to significantly increase the strength of your opposition, especially with WBA and AOE/Catastrophic weapons.

Angolob will help considerably and is farmable. Try for Chakra Strike as well (Unarmed Melee). Other useful unarmed melee items include Reboot (if you snagged one - it will also protect you from certain DOT effects) - Techno-Organic Exoskeleton if you can get high enough on MXP is good, too - for the same reasons.

The Void Generator with the MK3 battery isn't a bad idea, either - especially if you can't get Angolob. The only really bad things about this is that it will take two spots and you have to hit your opponent for it to be any use.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#10kannibust2k3Posted 9/20/2013 3:07:34 AM
This one time I used Invisible Woman and I busted a 360 flip to a nosegrind into a nollie manual.

Sh!t was sick, bro.
---
GT: KANNiBUST